#1 The_B_Man

The_B_Man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

I just performed a hotswap on my v1.6 XBOX.
while i was backing up the C drive, i pulled a cable connected to my other chipped (solderless) XBOX and it pulled the power cable out of the PC, which rebooted, while the XBOX hdd was still connected to the PC IDE cable. the XBOX stayed on.

I then connected the XBOX hdd back to the xbox and it loaded fine. so i thought it was fine. i attempted the hotswap again and this time it took a long time to load windows. and xplorer360 did not detect the hdd this time, and any other time i tried.

If the hdd is hooked up to the XBOX, i get an error 7.

Can i use that xboxhdm, or watever its called, to prepare the hdd and copy over the contents of a (shademands) softmod hdd? ()

can i put in my solderless xecuter 2, which is already flashed, and unlock the drive and copy over the softmod files then? i need to keep the chip in my other XBOX when all this is done.

Do i HAVE to get a new HDD?

thanks for the help!!

#2 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

95% of the time, error 7 means a dead drive. You'll need a new one.

It can mean the cables aren't connected properly, but this has been ruled out - you said your computer can't read it either. Thus, your HDD is screwed. It probably happened when you lost power to the computer.

Although, I've done that before a few times and nothing's happened to my drive... Maybe you just got unlucky. sad.gif

#3 The_B_Man

The_B_Man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

i put in another hard drive and got error 6. apaprently its locked to another xbox.

i havent got the password or anything for this.

is there anything i can do with this?

also, i have 2 other very old PC hard drives ~8-10GB. can i prep them thru WinXP so they'll work in the xbox? or do i have to do that XboxHdm thing to prepare from that bootable disc. i did it before thru a tutorial for my 200Gb hdd in my main XBOX but cant remember how i did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users