8 replies to this topic

#1 h4mer

h4mer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

hi,
ive flashed my xbox360 with the hitachi 59dj drive all went ok with flashing the firmware but it wont play my backups it says open tray,it plays originals fine,i used Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth Revision 2,has any1 had this problem if so wat method did you use to resolve it?thanks

Edited by h4mer, 11 March 2007 - 04:45 PM.

#2 excaliburlives

excaliburlives

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

You didn't mention what methods you used to backup the originals. The problem could be the backup and not the flash.

#3 h4mer

h4mer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(excaliburlives @ Mar 11 2007, 10:13 PM) View Post

You didn't mention what methods you used to backup the originals. The problem could be the backup and not the flash.

my backups work fine in my sons xbox360 with a samsung drive iv searched the site and have tried the elastic band trick and ive glued a peice of plastic to stop the laser reading to far into the disc but still get open tray message mad.gif
thanks

#4 uberfrost

uberfrost

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:hacking..cracking...modding...
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(h4mer @ Mar 11 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

my backups work fine in my sons xbox360 with a samsung drive iv searched the site and have tried the elastic band trick and ive glued a peice of plastic to stop the laser reading to far into the disc but still get open tray message mad.gif
thanks

what media are you using?.. coz mine ive been using verbatim eversince.. try loading the game and if it says open tray.. just leave your game inside the tray and turn your xbox off. then try booting it up again.. works for me.. hope this helps..

#5 h4mer

h4mer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

im using virbatin discs,my buffers r on 0%wen burning is that normal?using clonecd,have booted with disc in,i have spent an hour trying to get this disc to work,could it b problem with the flash?

#6 stutz

stutz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

hammer you have the same problem I had. I couldn't get my system to boot a backup no matter what brand/burn speed. Then I applied the "Rubber band" trick and it did nothing. So I removed that and out of desperation I thought to myself " why don't I clean my laser" Grabbed some rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip, soaked the Q-Tip and passed it over my lens, then switched to the other side and dried gently, waited a minute or two and fired her up with an original......all is good with my origional "o.k I didn't fcuk the thing up".....Backup inserted.......WORKING! I got 3 different medias working. RiData, Fuji Film, and Verbatim. All boot and read flawlessly now, just like originals.

#7 h4mer

h4mer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

just used a alcohol swab on the laser,still no joy gutted!playing original fine backups same problen(open tray)
i guess thers no hope with my hitachi? sad.gif

#8 excaliburlives

excaliburlives

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

Well i have a Hitachi 47 and i only use Verb's. Since the backups work on your sons i guess you have a good image. I only burn with IMGBurn however. I never use clone cd. I have the same flash as you do and they all work great. Try burning the game again using Verb's and IMGBurn and see if you get lucky. Don't know what else to say besides that i never needed to use the rubberband trick.
Good luck.

#9 h4mer

h4mer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:18 PM

if the flash didnt take for some reason would it give the message open tray?ill give imageburn a try naw
wasted 12 discs so far got 6 of king kong and 6 of lost planet,all work great in my samsung just not in my hitachi mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users