Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:40 AM

Ok Ive been a member here for a while now watching people make themes that blew me away. Everytime someone posts a new theme I wish I could make one. Well I decided to try. Now this is very much out there and not a normal theme as you can see. Some may be interested in it and others not.

This is my first time and I used a black and white image of a bow that I found (as it was the best I could find after searching for some odd hours).

Now this is my first step and first real try. I did something else using someones pre-made photoshop blade shapes but I wasnt to happy about it so I never finished it. Plus someone had to make them into XPR's for me as I couldnt cause it wouldnt work on my machine but now the new program does.

I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to help me out. What do I need to do to take out the black spots?

(And on a side note my screencaps use to come out larger and now they come out this size, any idea why?)

Well here it is, and thanks for reading.

IPB Image

#2 Nubbs

Nubbs

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

Deffinately different i will say that.

#3 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

Yes it is, very unusual as to normal themes. Just thought I'd have some fun with it my first try at a whole theme. The runners will change but I just wanted to get a skeleton up basically to see if I was doing this right.

I dont nkow what the black is so I wanna try and see what that is to fix it to continue.

Anyone?

#4 Kallstar

Kallstar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:12 PM

Very creative blades Fusedone, I believe the 'black' is nothing. It looks like in order for you to cover that part you'll need to toss some of the blades-runner's edge behind the bows. Or alternitavely i suppose you could do part of both the blades-runner and the alpha backgrounds.. not quite sure. It seems to me though that that would be the only way to cover those parts up short of tweaking around the code of mc360 to have it stretch the backgrounds out past the blades-runner. Very nice work though. I think it would be cool to maybe put a real arrow in it perhaps?

#5 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:12 AM

Thanks Kallstar.

So I would have to make the runners wider then? If its just that there is no image there to cover the space? That what you mean?

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Fused0ne, 16 March 2007 - 01:12 AM.

#6 Kallstar

Kallstar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Fused0ne @ Mar 15 2007, 08:19 PM) View Post

So I would have to make the runners wider then? If its just that there is no image there to cover the space?

Well i'm not quite sure if making the runners wider would do it, From the looks of it your blades are too wide.. by ~50ish pixels. The best thing would be to just make sure your blades are 128x1024.. it looks like that's where you're getting that gap between the backgrounds and the blade-runner being pushed farther apart (hence the black space).

#7 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:25 AM

That is the size that the canvas for each blade is set to (excep the ehader blade). I think perhaps its the blade space in the blades because the bow's are thinner then the space?

Edited by Fused0ne, 16 March 2007 - 04:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users