• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gamedev2007

gamedev2007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

I am developing a PC game and I would like to make xbox and PS2 versions of the game. I am looking for a software company that will take my C++ pc code and turn it into a ps2 game and/or xbox game.

From my google research I have found that only certain companies can produce the physical disks but who does this for ps2?

Basically I need to know who can convert my application to ps2/xbox, how much would it cost for a simply game(no 3d rendering, nothing fancy, it is similar to Mad Dog Macree), who can produce the disks and what do they charge, how much is licensing to make a ps2/xbox game?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 Pyro0623

Pyro0623

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Computers and technology, Xbox moddin', Playin' vids on my xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

I am developing a PC game and I would like to make xbox and PS2 versions of the game. I am looking for a software company that will take my C++ pc code and turn it into a ps2 game and/or xbox game.

From my google research I have found that only certain companies can produce the physical disks but who does this for ps2?

Basically I need to know who can convert my application to ps2/xbox, how much would it cost for a simply game(no 3d rendering, nothing fancy, it is similar to Mad Dog Macree), who can produce the disks and what do they charge, how much is licensing to make a ps2/xbox game?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

1) It would involve going throug your code and translating it to whatever language the target system uses (porting, you probably wont find a company that will do it, most game devs code for the target system in the first place), the xbox isnt far off from C, you could learn and do it yourself if you already know C++. i have no idea what language the ps2 uses.

2)sony does it most likely, will cost you upwards of $500k, not worth it for one disk. would be cheaper to get a chip and burn your own game to a disk, assuming you had the compiled code.

3) licencing is expensive, and once again not really worth it for one disk.

**edit: unless you're planning on realeasing a commercial title, in which case, no offence, but i have a feeling it wont sell many copies.

Edited by Pyro0623, 17 March 2007 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users