Photo

Nme-360 1.2 From Foundmy.com / Scam Site?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 willgetin

willgetin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

Has anyone besides my have any experience with this site?

They have been yanking my around since Dec. They charged my Paypal account, then gave me this song and dance about delays, then after they "came in", have been stalling me and have obviously stolen my money.

Stupidly, I allowed this "delay" to push past the 45 day period of the Paypal dispute process.

I would like to know if anyone else has been duped by them.

Also, this is to warn others to stay away...

Thanks all!

grr.gif

#2 NewAgePSX

NewAgePSX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

Guess I will shout out for terry at foundmy known him for years he is NOT a scammer. He has a hard time like most of us going through tons of emails I would guess. The chips were out of stock for awhile not his fault. And when the nme guys shipped his order they sent buggered chips. So maybe this is compounding your problem.

#3 ydgmms

ydgmms

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

ordered twice - no problems.

#4 riffman2525

riffman2525

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

Im ordered my chip from modchip.com. they sent me an email on the march 5 saying it has been shipped.....I still havent seen it.......Frankly I dont know who to order from.....I dont trust anyone anymore

#5 fnm4evr

fnm4evr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

I had the same issues with foundmy.com. I ordered the nme 1.2 beginning of Jan and just got the chip last week. However out of around 10 emails only one came back with a response. This also includes a time that I had to call them to find out what was going on. I can understand if they didnt have the chip, but not communicating with the customers is bad buisness. I would try giving them a call to see what the deal is and ask them for a tracking number. Good Luck!

#6 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

Contact them, and ask them if they are a member of the BBB. They know that language.

#7 riffman2525

riffman2525

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(vintage_guitar @ Mar 18 2007, 04:11 AM) View Post

Contact them, and ask them if they are a member of the BBB. They know that language.

What is the BBB????????? In my case there is no number to call....sucks........only email

#8 fnm4evr

fnm4evr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

The phone number actually used to be on their website under the conact us area. I just looked however, and they seemed to have removed it. Definetly try the better buisness bureau.

#9 LIVE Prophet

LIVE Prophet

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:21 AM

About that contact number, it seems to weirdly be on one day then off another, but I have it written down (did so in case I needed it one day). So if anyone wants it Ill post it or whatever.

As for them being a scam site? Definately no. I have ordered from them the NME V1.1 & V1.2 chips, a Talismoon Blue Fan, an XCM addon fan, the Xeno-360, and a DVD laser, and they all came in quickly. I even emailed them and Terry has responded to every one (we exchanged about 6 emails regarding an exchange for my NME V1.1 for a Xeno-360 instead). And the Xeno-360 came in the same week that I returned the NME V1.1! In my opinion, Foundmy should be used for all your modding needs. So far they are the cheapest that I have found.

Anyway, for the original poster, try contacting Paypal and see if you can make a claim against them if you feel it is necessary. A claim is the escalation of a dispute. Disputes close in a certain amount of time (25 or 45 days?) but a claim will be decided my the Paypal staff, and you will get your money back so long that you provide proof you are in the right here. And it seems you would win the claim, just tell them your story and show them the emails you have gotten from Foundmy regarding your purchases.

Edited by LIVE Prophet, 25 March 2007 - 06:17 AM.

#10 willgetin

willgetin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

Ahh, finally. Resolution.

Turns out that the phone number issue is that it shows up when you are logged into the site. It is not there if you are not logged in.

After calling that number a couple of times until I got a real live person, I was told that they would ship next day. An hour later, I had an email notification that I received a refund.

So finally after 3 full months, resolution. Hows that for business practices?

Now, where should I buy my mod chip? uhh.gif

#11 LIVE Prophet

LIVE Prophet

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

Try http://www.modchip.ca/store/home.php

#12 newfie4ever

newfie4ever

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:15 PM

Took me almost 1 1/2 months and 33 emails back and forth to get my dvd drive back after bad flash, but I got it. So I gave Terry another chance and I ordered from them again and they sent me a tracking number that doesn't work, so I emailed them again (4 times so far) and no reply. I'm not going to go through that song and dance again. I just filed a claim with paypal and I'll get my money back and go elsewhere. Altho I will say one thing for them, I opened my dvd drive after I got it back to see if they had fixed it and I cant tell anyone was in there, looks new and worked great. Now I got a spare in case I miss up again.

#13 LIVE Prophet

LIVE Prophet

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

I wonder, what is the deal then with certain people getting great service from FoundMy and other getting crap service from them? I have ordered from them several times already, and all my orders came in no longer than a week and a half tops.

#14 vap0r

vap0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

Ordered an extractor and spear set from them on the 9th.. it's the 15th and haven't received an e-mail yet regarding my purchase. I've e-mail them 3 times requesting info about my shipment, whether it has a trackign # or just the acknowledgment that it's been shipped. I still haven't gotten a reply. I called today and got a recording and left a message, I know it's early in the day so I'll try later. This is not how business should be done.

#15 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

I've ordered from Foundmy twice and got my stuff both times, but neither order was shipped immediatly (six weeks for the first). You won't be informed if items are out of stock or get replies to e-mails so be patient.
modchipcentral.com has way better customer service, never had to wait more than 3 days on in-stock orders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users