Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Well basically I turned on Final Fantasy 9 in Pcsxbox and I pressed black + R instead of white + R at the title screen and accidentally saved over my saved state. I tried loading a normal save from the "continue" option, but it says there is no save data on the memory card, even though I save on the memory card just fine during gameplay. Is there any way to get CLOSE to where I was saved without starting over?

Edited by Rotfloljfk, 17 March 2007 - 09:45 PM.

#2 georaldc

georaldc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:29 AM

Reason why I rarely use savestates, since I think they also carry your memory card data. So if you save state while your memcard is blank, you memcard will always overwrite itself, becoming empty everytime youi load that state. But hmm, your memory card file shouldn't have been affected since all you did was overwrite your savestate at the title screen. Do you exit the game everytime you do a normal save? Since the data doesn't get written into the memory card unless you properly quit the game you were playing (turning your xbox off while its still running the game will not get your memcard save updated I believe).

#3 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Do a google search for ff9 saves? most are either in epsxe format or DexDrive,
then start converting!

#4 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:14 AM

That's why I always use the menu for save states. I think the newer GUIs have some confirmation message as an option...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users