Photo

Which Drive For Ripping Game Isos To Pc?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bazmcc

Bazmcc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:26 PM

I want to buy a samsung or hitachi drive for my PC solely for ripping 360 games to my PC hard drive.
Which one do i get?
Is one better than the other?
Cheers
Baz

#2 shooks20

shooks20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:12 AM

I just purchased a SH-D162C from monkeyflungpoo on these forums and it works great! It was preflashed.

#3 xGEISTx

xGEISTx

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:24 AM

*sigh*

Just if people could read...

Anyhow, there are 2 or more pc dvd drives that can be flashed with kreon firmware to rip 360 games directly to the hard drive. You can purchase one in the bst section.

#4 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:19 AM

for the list of drive for PC backup, look in the pinned of backup section.

if you get a x360 drive, get the samsung (hitachi does not extract game)

rgds,soso
moved

#5 Bazmcc

Bazmcc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(DuBob4432 @ Mar 20 2007, 02:01 AM) View Post

Removed by sosotiit

Hi
Thanks for the straight answer. Most of the information on this forum is contradicting rubbish or else people won't even give an answer and direct people to some useless tutorial which is less than relevant to the question being asked. Everything I have read in the last 3 or 4 days has contradicting statements either in the same thread or on another thread in the same forum. It's refreshing to find someone who know's what they are talking about who is willing to share information.

Dubob4432 would you recommend the sh-d163a? I just want to be able to make NME backups easily.
Thanks
Baz

Edited by sosotiit, 20 March 2007 - 01:25 PM.

#6 Bazmcc

Bazmcc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

A quite useful piece of information was deleted from this thread. But - we'll have to live with it.
I've just ordered a Samsung SH-D163a Serial ATA internal DVD drive for the PC and when i get it i'll be making a write up that normal people can follow and understand easily for making NME backups.
Hopefully I can get it hosted somewhere so that people can just link to it so that it doesn't get lost in the forum somewhere. Seems to be a total black hole. Stuff is being moved and deleted all the time.
Baz

#7 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

@DuBOB4432

BST is meant to be done in the BST section.
your post was removed

@Bazmcc

Do not blame others for contradiction

1) you asked which x360 drive (samsung or hitachi) would be better to do extraction on a pc when there are PC drive doing just that, so people politely pointed you toward the right solution and where to find the info.

2) you posted in the wrong forum, so I had to move it.

3) You rant on everyone for not spoon-feeding you (first no one is obligated to that wink.gif ). With the info you were provided, you were expected by the rules of this forum to do a minimum and reasonable effort of searching. Some obvious questions, for which the answer would have been found easily .

QUOTE(From the rules @ Dec 2006)

Making Posts/Threads/Topics on these forums:

With that said, it is recommended that before you consider making a post in ANY forum on this site that you first review the Pinned/Sticky Topics at the top of the forum you are interested in. Chances are, anything you might want to ask, has already been asked and answered there. If not, do a search. No one likes to answer the same question a 1000 times. If you make a post that has been done many many time before, staff might close it, or merge it with others.

So.. before making a post, check existing topics.. both pinned, and by search. Still think you should/can make a post?

Take a break of posting to read the rules and consider if everything we have to offer at XS is for you.

rgds,soso

Edited by sosotiit, 20 March 2007 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users