PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

(UK) GAME reports 'phenomenal' demand for PlayStation 3
Posted by XanTium | 20-3-2007 14:30 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

GAME marketing director Anna Marcario has told GamesIndustry.biz that PlayStation 3 has more functionality than any other console on the market - a factor which is helping to create huge demand.

"The customer reaction to the arrival of the Sony PlayStation 3 really has been nothing short of phenomenal," she said.

"With a huge range of titles available for launch and having so much more functionality than any other games console, our customers can't wait to get their hands on this incredible machine."

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

#2 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

I remember when the USA had a huge demand for them at launch.

Turns out that nobody actually wanted them to play games, they just wanted to sell em all on ebay. They were screwed when they found out that even ebayers didn't want to buy them, especially for more than they are worth.

Edited by quall, 20 March 2007 - 07:50 PM.

#3 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

XANT, shouldnt this be in PS3 general? uhh.gif

#4 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

Sounds like a load of crap to me. There isn't a "huge demand" for the ps3. They're still taking pre-orders and guarantee delivery for release day on Friday!. This is the same with other stores like Argos and Gamestation. If the console has such a "hugh demand" then pre-orders would have stopped long ago (same as with the Wii and 360 when they were released). I have no doubt that if I wanted to go pick up a ps3 this weekend I'd have absolutely no problems finding one.

#5 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:05 AM

Demand is nothing - attachment rate is everything.

I agree that a vast majority of people will put these on eBay.

I wonder how many of the 'pre-order' owners are aware that This is the current state of play for their existing PS2 and Playstation games.

I received email today from other sources (DarkPlanets being one of them) telling me it's not too late to pre-order for Friday delivery. lol, really?

#6 dvsone

dvsone

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

We will see some good sales figures for Playstation 3 in Europe. It seems Sony has worked hard to sell as many units as possible, stating that all pre-orders will be filled. No other platform has done that. A lot of people have been waiting for the PS3, and early adopters will be a big part of the sales. The problem I see is they are going to see a major drop in sales after that. But Sony will at least get bragging rights about PS3 sales for the Europe launch.

Edited by dvsone, 21 March 2007 - 05:21 AM.

#7 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(dvsone @ Mar 21 2007, 04:26 AM) View Post

We will see some good sales figures for Playstation 3 in Europe. It seems Sony has worked hard to sell as many units as possible, stating that all pre-orders will be filled. No other platform has done that. A lot of people have been waiting for the PS3, and early adopters will be a big part of the sales. The problem I see is they are going to see a major drop in sales after that. But Sony will at least get bragging rights about PS3 sales for the Europe launch.

I don't think anyone can claim pre-order success until the launch day has come and gone. We will see after this date if pre-orders were fulfilled 100%.

I also think you need to bear in mind the people who imported them from the US and Japan, considering they've been available in the two territories for over 4 months. Those who REALLY wanted one, have one already.

#8 FSW

FSW

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

I can confirm in Bristol, UK that as of Tuesday (20 Mar) all game related stores (Game, HMV etc) in the The Mall were still taking pre-orders for the PS3.

Whereas you still can't get a Wii. Luckily I got mine on launch day ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users