Photo

Nme 1.2 Installed And Working!(without Optional Points)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 riffman2525

riffman2525

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:53 AM

Hey, I just finished installing my NME 1.2 chip and it is working great........Of course without the 2 optional points...(network off and Power LED)...... I have a samsung drive. When Into it I found out that I had the black epoxy on the board......I used a heat gun to heat it up and CAREFULLY chip away at the points I needed to get to.....I did not use the alternative points for 1 and 2........I chiped away the epoxy (more like cut)and soldered the wires directly to the chip......I have some pictures but I dont think they came out very well...I didnt have alot of time to spend taking them as the person who was helping me was in a hurry. I also took 470 off the NME and bridged the connection.........If anyone has any questions with my experience feel free to ask........I will try to salvage as many pictures as I can and get them up..........Later..........................Riff

#2 razer911

razer911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(riffman2525 @ Mar 22 2007, 06:00 AM) View Post

Hey, I just finished installing my NME 1.2 chip and it is working great........Of course without the 2 optional points...(network off and Power LED)...... I have a samsung drive. When Into it I found out that I had the black epoxy on the board......I used a heat gun to heat it up and CAREFULLY chip away at the points I needed to get to.....I did not use the alternative points for 1 and 2........I chiped away the epoxy (more like cut)and soldered the wires directly to the chip......I have some pictures but I dont think they came out very well...I didnt have alot of time to spend taking them as the person who was helping me was in a hurry. I also took 470 off the NME and bridged the connection.........If anyone has any questions with my experience feel free to ask........I will try to salvage as many pictures as I can and get them up..........Later..........................Riff

I need to get my nme 1.2 soon , i have the hitachi dvd rom you think i need to remove the 470?

Youve got with the nme a guide "how to install"?

#3 riffman2525

riffman2525

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(razer911 @ Mar 24 2007, 07:01 AM) View Post

I need to get my nme 1.2 soon , i have the hitachi dvd rom you think i need to remove the 470?

Youve got with the nme a guide "how to install"?

Yea, according to what everyone has been saying that the 470 coil needs to be removed and a short piece of wire put in it's place. I personally would not attempt modding the Hitachi drive myself. The samsung was hard enough. The Hitachi is at least twice as hard.......... as for a guide, download the one posted by ydgmms in these forums.................good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users