mvlatas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

Hi guys,
i have done the heat gun method for a 2nd time and the console is alive now but the 2 swiches (blue color)
soldered on the motherboard are not working because they overheated.
Does anyone know if i can find these pieces at electronic stores and how do you asked for it?

Thanks

#2 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(mvlatas @ Mar 22 2007, 06:20 AM) View Post

Hi guys,
i have done the heat gun method for a 2nd time and the console is alive now but the 2 swiches (blue color)
soldered on the motherboard are not working because they overheated.
Does anyone know if i can find these pieces at electronic stores and how do you asked for it?

Thanks

They are called 'tactile' switches - have a look here if you are in the UK

Tactile Switch

There are various deptch switches (the bit you press) so make sure you get the correct depth ...

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:20 AM

To be a little more specific for your searching, it's a Right Angle with Gnd Terminal Tactile switch with a 6.2mm Actuator (part ya push). If you're in the US places like Mouser, Digikey and MCM have them and one with a shorter or longer Actuator will also work, might have to pad it or cut it down a little bit though.

#4 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Mar 22 2007, 10:27 AM) View Post

To be a little more specific for your searching, it's a Right Angle with Gnd Terminal Tactile switch with a 6.2mm Actuator (part ya push). If you're in the US places like Mouser, Digikey and MCM have them and one with a shorter or longer Actuator will also work, might have to pad it or cut it down a little bit though.

.. didn't have the mobo to hand so wasn't sure of the depth - cheers for clarfying RDC ...

For extra info - the tactile size on the HD-DVD drive eject switch is 3.85mm (hence the link as I've ordered some to replace the temperamental one on my HD-DVD drive ... wink.gif )

#5 Kurto2021

Kurto2021

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

I am confused on this. I did the heat gun trick and now I am good but I can't eject with the eject button. I also cannot power on with the power button. I have the remote so I use that for ejecting and powering on the unit (controller works for that too). Where is this eject switch located at on the board.

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(Kurto2021 @ Mar 22 2007, 09:58 AM) View Post

I am confused on this. I did the heat gun trick and now I am good but I can't eject with the eject button. I also cannot power on with the power button. I have the remote so I use that for ejecting and powering on the unit (controller works for that too). Where is this eject switch located at on the board.

The Eject and Power buttons aren't anywhere near each other, so if both of those are messed up you have a couple of issues to sort out. The Eject button is over on the left hand side of the board, right beside the IR sensor for the Remote.

#7 Kurto2021

Kurto2021

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

I find it hard to believe that I could have screwed them up considering they are so far away from where I was using the heat gun. I have no idea what happened to the power button considering that bard wasn't even connected when I was using the heat gun. I was going to buy a new RF module but the one place I found them wants $69.99. I could buy a Core Xbox and sell all the parts keeping only the RF board for myself for less than $69.99

#8 Tortuga2112

Tortuga2112

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:refs: <br />toraxe<br /><br /><br />scammers:<br />none

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Kurto2021 @ Mar 23 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post

I find it hard to believe that I could have screwed them up considering they are so far away from where I was using the heat gun. I have no idea what happened to the power button considering that bard wasn't even connected when I was using the heat gun. I was going to buy a new RF module but the one place I found them wants $69.99. I could buy a Core Xbox and sell all the parts keeping only the RF board for myself for less than $69.99

buying another brand new console and scavenging parts from it to fix an old console isn't practical. that's why they're selling the RF boards for so much.

you'll probably have better luck in the BST here. I sent you a PM as well, I have some of the parts from a dead console if you're interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users