• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 F1FanaticGT3

F1FanaticGT3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:17 PM

Hey guys. I just installed my Chameleon Chip and flashed the old Chormwell BIOS with Xecuter2 V. 4979. I have been reading that if you want to disable the Chameleon you are supposed to use V. 4976.02 The main reason I bought this chip was because I could disable it and play online, but I don't have the right version? Is there anyone to disable to chip using Version 4979? I have read that your supposed to boot the xbox by hitting the eject button and it will boot with the chip off, but I still get the XBOX Logo with the Xecuter2 logo on it and after that it proceeds to the Slayer's Evox Dahsboard I have. Also one thing I noticed when I installed my chip and was at the chromwell BIOS screen waiting while flashing my chip, it said that the BLUE LED was supposed to be flashing, but the only color that ever flashes on my chip is red. But the chip still flashed the BIOS and plays ripped games so I didn't think anything of it, but having never seen a blue light could this mean that my chip isn't working and for some reason I can't disable it to go online?

#242 SBug

SBug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 07:45 AM

So Thourghly Cleaned lpc points and a matrix programmer are required... Interesting, to bad moneys tight at the moment, guess ill have to try again later this month.

#243 LiquidCaffeine

LiquidCaffeine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:19 PM

I bought a veriosn 1.3 Chameleon with the latest Cromwell BIOS (supposedly) from http://www.gocybershopelectronics.com/ with the solderless install adapter. I've checked the chip on two 1.0 Xboxes with the same results - Red/Green flash on boot. The site I ordered from has no support. Am I looking at a bad chip or just showing my "newbie-dom?'

#244 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (F1FanaticGT3 @ Dec 31 2003, 01:17 PM)
Hey guys. I just installed my Chameleon Chip and flashed the old Chormwell BIOS with Xecuter2 V. 4979. I have been reading that if you want to disable the Chameleon you are supposed to use V. 4976.02 The main reason I bought this chip was because I could disable it and play online, but I don't have the right version? Is there anyone to disable to chip using Version 4979? I have read that your supposed to boot the xbox by hitting the eject button and it will boot with the chip off, but I still get the XBOX Logo with the Xecuter2 logo on it and after that it proceeds to the Slayer's Evox Dahsboard I have. Also one thing I noticed when I installed my chip and was at the chromwell BIOS screen waiting while flashing my chip, it said that the BLUE LED was supposed to be flashing, but the only color that ever flashes on my chip is red. But the chip still flashed the BIOS and plays ripped games so I didn't think anything of it, but having never seen a blue light could this mean that my chip isn't working and for some reason I can't disable it to go online?

You disable the Chameleon by HOLDING the EJECT button down at boot. If you only touch it for a second the Chameleon will still boot normally.

Additionally, this only works if you soldered the P/E wires on as well. If not, then it won't work.

Flagg

#245 JoeRod

JoeRod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:02 PM

I have a version 5 xbox and im looking to solder my chameleon.. i soldered all the points but im not sure where the d0 is. i soldered it to the screw next to the chip but the xbox wont read my mod it goes right to the xbox dash.. I've preflashed the mod w/ bios using the matrix loader. I've modded about 6 xbox w/ the chameleon but this is the first solder. Someone please help, im so desperate. Thanx

#246 pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2004 - 03:01 PM

you must solder 2 additional wires to a v1.5 xbox 1 for ground and one for 3.3v both go to the lpc pad. most installation instructions will show you where 3.3v is on the board. the diagrams will also show you where D0 is. but i would suggest removing the board and using the alternate spot on the bottom of the board.

Edited by pontfirebird73, 11 February 2004 - 03:01 PM.

#247 brodkil

brodkil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:06 PM

I soldered my chameleon in my xbox just fine, but then I decided to flash the tsop and take the chip out. I couldn't get the tsop to flash so I went ahead and took the chip out to do the 007 exploit. I've later tried to use the chip, but I can't solder it in because I accidently messed up the solder part of the chip. I didnt' think it would be a problem since they don't look vital to the chip if you have the plug adaptor, but I can't get the chip to work in the xbox with the adaptor. The light is broken on the chip so I can't even make sure it has power. I know the D0 point is set right. I even scraped it to make sure there was a good connection. I mostly just want to know if the solder points (the set of 9, not the A15, D0, P, or E points) are vital to running the chip or are they basically just "alternate points" for installing the chip?

#248 solder_man

solder_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:17 PM

Can you use BIOS versions with EjectFix in them such as EvoX.D.6.EjectFix or will this prevent you from using the Eject button to disable the Chameleon and Boot from the TSOP Bios?

#249 caseyhalone

caseyhalone

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:03 PM

any one have good luck with the chameleon flashing tsops? know any good tutuorals? I have had one for afew years but didnt know i could flash tsop with it. is it still 1.0 only?

#250 hothmu

hothmu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

[quote name='explicitlyrics100' date='May 28 2003, 09:07 AM' post='416669']

2) Quick solder - This is the only install I havnt tried yet and thus all I can say about this method of install is becareful not too heat the chip or xbox board up too much. Also watch for any short circuits and make sure none of the components on the chameleon touch any other live parts of the xbox motherboard.

Nice guide.

I just wanted to let you know about my experience with the quick solder method. I have been using the chameleon chip for two years now with the solderless adapter and it has been fine most of the time (with a little adjustment here and there). In the meantime I have been working on putting the xbox hardware in a PC case so I can fit 4 HDD's in it with a dial switch to switch between them. While I was trying to mount the mobo in the case I snapped 2 of the pins on the adapter, I thought I was screwed. So the I dusted off my soldering iron, bought a new tip (fine, smallest I could find), and some solder and proceeded to flip the chip upsidedown and solder the connnections. The process went smooth and now when I move my box I don't have to re-adjust the adapter.

In my experiences with mod chips this is the most solid way to connect this chip. I also put a dab of super glue on the chip to hold it in place while I soldered it. This method is not for the amature solderer, you need a stedy hand, a very fine tip and make sure you "wet" the tip with solder, DO NOT apply the solder to the board, let it get "sucked" to the cool contacts. And most importantly make sure the connections do not touch each other. You may also want to fill the holes with solder first. I hope this adds to any doubts you may have about this style of connection. In my opinion it is the best way.

let me know what you think
Hoth

#251 sharer

sharer

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hello, I also met some very serious problem, the Chip is now out, the power button doesn't work. It also turns off after about 45 seconds. I wonder if anyone knows where I can get a replacement diode (or the values for such a diode), or if this is repairable another way?

Thanks in Advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users