X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:52 PM

you can have it like that,,, but just use 4 x 256 - that will allow you to have a second copy of either evox or xecuter.. alternatively you can leave two copies of cromwell in the last two banks and then have two backups of cromwell. its totally up to you

#17 _300zx_TT

_300zx_TT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (explicitlyrics100 @ May 29 2003, 02:52 PM)
you can have it like that,,, but just use 4 x 256 - that will allow you to have a second copy of either evox or xecuter.. alternatively you can leave two copies of cromwell in the last two banks and then have two backups of cromwell. its totally up to you

i guess ur right, but i was thinking of using the P&E feature.

but i guess i could do it through the evox menu

but what the hell would i need 4 slots for though, i only need like 3..

what could possibly not be supported by evoxd6 or x2 bios. is there any other recommended bios that could come in handy for a regular gamer.. im planning on getting xbmp later, so what else would be a good choice in boises..

#18 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:19 PM

nope but why have three when you could have 4! - you could have one bios that boots an xboxdash.xbe (whatever one) froma different partition - thus u could make it automatically start xbmp when you boot a certain bios - etc... lots of choices

#19 kyleday

kyleday

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (explicitlyrics100 @ May 28 2003, 11:30 AM)
Uh oh, i dont know how I would go about fixing it. However, the point at which P solders to is a diode that controls the power button and the same for point E. I know that diodes are very sensitive however I do not know whether there is a problem with the diode or if it is touching another component. What might be a good idea, is even though you have checked the component connections, it is probably a good idea to just touch them again - infcase you created a bad soler join. As for destroying the diode, I dont know how good you are at soldering and thus whether this is possible that this has happened, but do not lose hope (it is either replacable or will recover after a period of inactivity as some components seem to). Best bet for now though is to touch all points which you soldered to check connections - then look for any bridges with a magnifying glass, then blow on it to get rid of any loose solder that may be trapped - then put it together again and see what happens. Wish you luck, Chris

I have the EXACT same problem as you. EXACT. My xbox will only run for about 45 seconds and it auto shuts off. Is this the chip doing it on purpose? or did I damage something on the board? i can only get the chip to boot in Cromwell bios, and I think i don't have enough time to flash the banks because each time i try, the xbox shuts down. At first i thought it was supposed to shut down, but it seems to never completely flash the bank. SOMEONE HELP!!! my power button doesn't work whatsoever, and i have to start my xbox w/ the eject button

Kyle

#20 asgaffney

asgaffney

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:08 PM

I took my chameleon out and fixed the diode that connects to (P). I had to make a small (2mm) jumper that would go from the top of that diode to the motherboard, but it worked. However, I am still unable to use the Chameleon. I tried booting it from each bank, but every time, It begins to flash green/red. Does this likely indicate that I received an unflashed Chameleon? If so, is there a way that I might be able to flash it on my own? I sent an email to Xodus-chip.com, but they haven't replied in several days.

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

Adam

#21 PlastiKK_

PlastiKK_

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:55 PM

Anyway on another note I just flashed the onboard tsop with chameleon and then back again just so I knew how it was possible and to tell you all: here goes. Boot into evox or cromwell, flash onto the chip the matrix_tsop_flash bios, as per normal in chameleon (ideally use a bank other than 0 (otherwise if you screw up its a hell of a lot harder to go back). The switch to this bank, boot the evox dash and you should now have the option to flash the tsop (if you attatched a15), just flash it and it will power off. Upon restarting it will boot into your chameleon bank 0 again and the chameleon needs to be removed to check to see if it is working. Hopefully  you will see the bios you just flashed into the tsop and you have just successfully flashed your tsop. You can leave it without a chip or just keep the chip to flash a friends.

OK, before I flash the TSOP, do I have to solder any jumpers? And do I have to do anything else, like edit the evox.ini or solder anything else?

#22 kyleday

kyleday

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (asgaffney @ May 30 2003, 01:08 AM)
I took my chameleon out and fixed the diode that connects to (P). I had to make a small (2mm) jumper that would go from the top of that diode to the motherboard, but it worked. However, I am still unable to use the Chameleon. I tried booting it from each bank, but every time, It begins to flash green/red. Does this likely indicate that I received an unflashed Chameleon? If so, is there a way that I might be able to flash it on my own? I sent an email to Xodus-chip.com, but they haven't replied in several days.

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

Adam

OK i just did this and it seemed to work. I've got my power button back and working;). Thanks for the help. BUT, I'm still having a problem flashing my chip. I can boot to Cromwell, and insert the disc and it says updating bank 0 and all.. but when it shuts down, and i switch the chip to boot in bank 0, it gives me the red/green led and doesn't boot. I know this is from a bad bios flash, but what the heck, i've tried it a million times. Anyone got any ideas?

kyle

#23 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:33 AM

ok - if youve tried flashing a million times and it still flashes red/gree but youca n boot cromwell then try a different copy of the evox bios. there are some duds floating around and you should be fine if you try another.
perhpas as a notice for the future it is a good idea to solder e/p on the back of the board - that way you should eliminate the problem of frying the diode or removing its contact points.
as for the restarting - you have desoldered a connection slightly and thus it may be worth checking your other connections as it is likely this may have happened on another point, check everything is secure, then try booting bank0, then bank 1 then bank 2 just incase there was a bad copy of cromwell. then make sure you have a good copy of evox or whatever bios you may use - you can only tell by checking with the person you are gettig it off....
finally for the bios flash this depends on which xbox verion you have and whether you intend to remove the chip again at the end.
Chris

#24 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:57 PM

Interesting stuff with the power button not working. Has anyone tried soldering to the bottom of the board instead? Where would that point be?

So does the Chameleon ground itself through the LPC points, or what?

And finally, did you have to place any jumpers for the TSOP flash?

Thanks.

#25 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:20 PM

no for tsop flash.
the bottom of the board for p/e is quite hard as the actual connection is to a chip not to a connection ring for a component but it might be worth taking a look any1 who has their console open.
d0 is the ground and doesnt need anything other than that.
Chris

#26 XzibitX

XzibitX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:55 PM

I would assume I can still use the bottom d0 correct?(easier to soder)

#27 kyleday

kyleday

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (explicitlyrics100 @ May 30 2003, 09:33 AM)
ok - if youve tried flashing a million times and it still flashes red/gree but youca n boot cromwell then try a different copy of the evox bios.  there are some duds floating around and you should be fine if you try another.
perhpas as a notice for the future it is a good idea to solder e/p on the back of the board - that way you should eliminate the problem of frying the diode or removing its contact points.
as for the restarting - you have desoldered a connection slightly and thus it may be worth checking your other connections as it is likely this may have happened on another point, check everything is secure, then try booting bank0, then bank 1 then bank 2 just incase there was a bad copy of cromwell.  then make sure you have a good copy of evox or whatever bios you may use - you can only tell by checking with the person you are gettig it off....
finally for the bios flash this depends on which xbox verion you have and whether you intend to remove the chip again at the end.
Chris

Chris, I've pretty much already done those steps. I've tried nearly 5 different evo-x bios in 256kb format, and even the Cromwell bios, nothing flashed correctly. I did fix my power button and the reset timer by resoldering the diode, and making a jumper from the back of the board to that diode- so the power button works and it doesn't auto power down. Flashing the bios is still a problem. I've booted from each bank that contains a good copy of cromwell now, cause bank 0 isn't flashing- and I still can't get it to flash. Each time it says it's flashing and not to turn off my xbox, but when it reboots and i set to boot from bank 0, it comes up red/green. I even replaced my chip w/ another chameleon. Same thing- boots fine, flashes fine (i think) and then bank 0 still sucks. Anyone got any suggestions??? Maybe someone could hook me up w/ the TATX 512kb bios and I could try that???

Kyle

Edited by kyleday, 30 May 2003 - 03:04 PM.

#28 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:31 PM

so can you put evox on any of the banks in the chip or is it just bank 0 that doesnt work - if so then boot evox or something into bank 1,2 or 3 and then flash bank 0 from there. if you have flashed bank 0 and it restarts how come it boots cromwell again from the same bank, if it boots cromwell and it says it has flashed then it could be some flash protect ont he chip or perhaps one of the pins on the chip has broken.

#29 kyleday

kyleday

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (explicitlyrics100 @ May 30 2003, 05:31 PM)
so can you put evox on any of the banks in the chip or is it just bank 0 that doesnt work - if so then boot evox or something into bank 1,2 or 3 and then flash bank 0 from there. if you have flashed bank 0 and it restarts how come it boots cromwell again from the same bank, if it boots cromwell and it says it has flashed then it could be some flash protect ont he chip or perhaps one of the pins on the chip has broken.

Well from Cromwell, you can ONLY flash into bank 0. I don't have the option of flashing into any other bank. I can boot into the other banks, which all contain cromwell- but when i try flashing any bios into bank0, it acts like it works, and then it shuts down automatically (like it is supposed to). Then I boot it up into bank 0, and the bios is bad. So i have to switch back to bank 2 or 3 to get into cromwell and try all over again. I don't understand though, I've tried with both chips and it's not working with either one. I have two other chips here, i'll try those too, hopefully with some better results. If anyone has any idea why i can't correctly flash my bank 0, please let me know.

#30 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:27 PM

if you change the jumpers to boot bank 1/2/3 it still only flashes bank 0? i cant belive thats true, oh well i guess i havnt tried it coz i never needed to... gd luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users