250 replies to this topic

#31 kyleday

kyleday

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (explicitlyrics100 @ May 30 2003, 06:27 PM)
if you change the jumpers to boot bank 1/2/3 it still only flashes bank 0? i cant belive thats true, oh well i guess i havnt tried it coz i never needed to... gd luck

OK new problem, now in both my xbox's, i cannot get the chip to boot anylonger. The TSOP bios boots, but the chip does nothing. I've checked and rechecked the D0/A15 points and they are fine. I can only conclude that it's a problem with the LPC points. I've checked those, and they seem ok. I just can't get the chip to boot in any mode at all! has anyone had this problem? In both xbox's, and with both chips, nothign works. Any ideas?

#32 coolhp

coolhp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:47 PM

If you have another chip lying around (Matrix or similar)... try booting your box by holding it in place. If you succcessed... hotswap the chip with a chameleon and try to flash an evox bios from Evox.

#33 kyleday

kyleday

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:51 PM

Ok i found out something cool. If you ground the D0 point to the motherboard (the nearest screw hole), the xbox auto boots from the LPC. So i just quickly did this and got my chameleon to boot. Can i flash the chip with it like this? or will it ruin my tsop?

Kyle

#34 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:44 PM

never tried it so i cant really help you there - however if you flash it - it all goes bad then you have a bad bios on tsop - so what? you can always reflash it once more

and what i was saying about the banks - is boot into bank 2 and flash bank 2 (or any bank bu 0) then boot into it again so your in evox - then flash bank 0 from evox.... is that what you tried or does that not work?

#35 donrogelio

donrogelio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:09 AM

I soldered off my p diode and lost it. How can i replace it. can i bridge it to eject, buy it at radio shack?

Edited by donrogelio, 31 May 2003 - 03:17 AM.

#36 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 04:10 AM

Holy moly, you guys are DESTROYING your XBOX's with those E and P points. I am beginning to think that those points should be categorized as INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED users ONLY! Afterall, the options that they offer are totally accessable with software control.

I don't think XODUS ever IMAGINED that so many people would have problems with those things. It's really sad, actually. Just get the pin headers and the D0, and call it quits in my opinion.

Really, it took me maybe two drops of solder to get wires to stick to those points. Take it easy, and USE FLUX, or don't try them at all!

As far as the alternative D0 goes, I would be weary to use it. The only XBOX I have seen get fragged was my brother's who tried to solder the alternative d0 and pulled it off. The top is a little tricky, but just cut the wire down with your XACTO knife so that the wire fits into the hole, tin the wire, drop a tiny bit of flux on D0, and slap it in. The hardest part about it is holding the wire long enough for the solder to drop... fingers get kinda hot, so I just tape down, secured with an "S" similar to IV securing.

What still baffles me is the quick solder method. Having never used an X1, I found the idea quite absurd. It looks cool, but I would NOT want the Cham that close to the MB. Many people having luck with this install? Might actually be easier than headerpin if you aren't interested in upgrading in the future...

Sorry for the long one.

Peace

#37 donrogelio

donrogelio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 05:12 AM

i got greaddy i had it in da d0 and the a15 already. Now i'd just like to be able to use it with security. cant i bridge it off another diode or get an equivilant at radio shack.

#38 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:42 AM

if you can see the diode details on somebody elses or on another diode of the same type then by all means take a trip to radio shack and see what you can do. Chris

#39 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:29 AM

I just posted this guide for 2 alternative methods for attaching the E and P points. I hope it helps.

edit: I don't mean that it will help those who already stuffed things up, just hope it helps prevent others from doing the same smile.gif

Edited by dzv, 31 May 2003 - 10:30 AM.

#40 hadrian

hadrian

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 07:00 PM

Guys, just confirm for me:

IT IS NOT CURRENTLY POSSIBLE TO FLASH THE CHAMELEON WIHT A MATRIX PROGRAMMER

Is this correct?

#41 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:02 PM

yup sorry not possible at the moment

#42 donrogelio

donrogelio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:37 PM

hey does the chameleon come pre-flashed

#43 GrisGris

GrisGris

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:41 PM

There's a loaded question...

It's certainly supposed to... Cromwell on all four banks...

#44 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:26 PM

heh true, but you should get a working one im sure. yeh theres plenty of info on it and some if it isnt flashed too. Chris

#45 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:26 PM

I love the post about the alternative E and P. Great minds out there helping to prevent fragged Xbox's. smile.gif

I am curious to see what Xodus will do with the no solder adapter for the chameleon. I would imagine that it will omit both E and P, and possible even A15.

As I feel that A15 is totally optional, I think that this methos for inserting E and P without soldering will be quite a nice adjunct to their adapter.

I will try to post later this evening or tomorrow after I try the alternative E and P that were suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users