AtomSoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

Ok i flashed my ms28 in dos and made a backup b4 i did that there is no problem but i was woundering why cant i get it to show in windows? I have Windows XP. Everytime i leave it connected windows doesnt even boot up it freezes at the loading bar screen. And if i plug it in with windows runing already the whole thing freezes (my xbox still works fine done worry i didnt burn nothing doing this). What can i do i am using the Conectivity Kit v1 i think

#2 dannyglass

dannyglass

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

Why are you trying to get your pc to detect your ms28 samsung drive? And i dont think you can get it too as of yet?

#3 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:47 AM

Yes, you can get windows to recognize it. I believe you have to use the via 6241 sata card (i could be wrong), but I get mine connected following these steps.

1. everything powered off
2. power on xbox 360 without sata connected to anything, but power connected through xbox.
3. insert a copy of enable 0800.iso disk and let that spin up for about 20-30 seconds
4. power on PC and go into boot menu
5. plug sata cable from PC into xbox drive.
6. select your hard drive to boot windows
7. you can eject the drive a few times during boot if it seems to be hanging. (i have never had to do this, but heard this helps)

You should be able to see it now. You can insert retail games and they will be read "XBOX360". XBC automatically detects this drive as well.

#4 AtomSoft

AtomSoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

OK i got it to work but only after using the conectivity kit and unpluging it and plugion it while in windows xp like 5-8 times lol Unpluging the power and sata like 7 timers or so it works now and i can extract games and stuff thx tho. These are my steps:

1. PC on In windows xp already
2. Power DVD Drive with Conectivity Kit and plug sata
3. If pc freezes unplug and wait about 15 secs then replug and repeat until stop freezing and windows will recognize it

I do not recommend doing this becuase its very dagerous to your dvd drive and pc. Im just a crazy young fart lol

worked for me do i dont take any responsability for your wreck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users