• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Liquid*Ice

Liquid*Ice

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Movies-Animation-Vacations-Palm Trees and Hot Women! and strange creatures that do dangerous things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:57 AM

Matrix theme i'm working on looks pretty good I think and I created a matrix trails animation background that looks cool. If you can say what ya think that would be appreciated thanks.

IPB Image

#2 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:01 AM

Hmmm... maybe a bit too much matrix?

#3 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:10 AM

It looks like a great start, but it looks like it's headed toward having the same problem the other matrix theme has, being hard to read text. Also, I think it might look a bit better if the blade runners (or whatever they're called, the edges where it usually says media or games or wahtever) didn't have any or at least as much of the code running in them. Right now, the whole thing looks really busy and the eyes need a little rest, and maybe making those blades just a glossy black or something would solve that. Also, the background for the gamercard seems pretty busy because there's text in the background image as well as text overlaying it, and not only is it hard to read the top text (too dark i guess) but again, it gives it an overly busy look. Maybe instead, it could be like...remember in the first matrix, at the beginning right as the camera basically passes through the computer screen and right before it goes through the number 0 and you see the pixels turned into code and a big tunnel of code in the middel of the zero....if that makes any sense haha...you could have a picture of that part, turned sidways, so the 0 would be going horizontally to match the widthof the gamercard and then somewhat faded or something maybe, so you can see the gamercard text. I know that sounds complex but i'm just saying what pops into my mind. It would have a similar feel to what you have in there right now, but would be slightly less busy i think...Or at least there wouldn't be text underneath it anyway.

Also, just an idea, but it might look cool to make it say Matrix with a "360" under it instead of just matrix in the corner there. I don't know if that would actually look any better...but its just kinda waht i'm automatically visualizing.

Edited by timdog82001, 26 March 2007 - 02:14 AM.

#4 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:25 AM

Lil too much "Matrix"... I too would go for some shiny black or maybe something like the tendreils that come off the robots. And Agent Smith on the guide blade!!! Just some ideas. Ohh...I'll be posting a Criss Angel Theme soon if anyone cares. Visit my "Earl" Theme too!!!

#5 Nubbs

Nubbs

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:30 AM

Wow! Lay off the code a little huh? lol

#6 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE(Liquid*Ice @ Mar 25 2007, 07:04 PM) View Post

Matrix theme i'm working on looks pretty good I think and I created a matrix trails animation background that looks cool. If you can say what ya think that would be appreciated thanks.

IPB Image

Just had an idea... don't know if this is possible (never looked at how the themes are designed), but you might be able to use the Matrix screensaver as the animation? Possibly modify it to make it dimmer (as already mentioned, "too much Matrix"). I was just thinking it would add some "continuity" for those that use your theme along with the Matrix screensaver if the trails were identical except for possibly the brightness of them.

Of course, the other way of doing the same thing would be to make a matching screensaver of your own.

#7 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

I see waht you're saying there, but I think his animation looks far better than the screensaver does, but then, I haven't seen it in action, I'm just basing it off that single frame

#8 Liquid*Ice

Liquid*Ice

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Movies-Animation-Vacations-Palm Trees and Hot Women! and strange creatures that do dangerous things.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

Yea i had a feeling everyone might not like that much Matrix code but i'll try something else and do some fixing to everything.

#9 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

I think it looks cool. Using white text should make things pop out properly from the MATRIX background lol. I want one skin that looks like nothing but the matrix, blades, background, gamertag etc. I think 2 different versions would be nice. One with nothing but the Matrix and another one that's more subtle.

#10 freesafety13

freesafety13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

I think a matrix scene with active animation of the characters, say fighting, in the background would be better than just matrix code. although i think matrix code on the system blade would be sweet and a animation of someone "jacking in" on the live blade. sorry if I cant remember the exact name of the blades.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users