• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:03 AM

Microsoft Presents: XNA Game Programming
Posted by HSDEMONZ | March 25 20:03 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Just had this handed to me..

The UMBC Game Development Club is hosting a presentation by Microsoft on their XNA Game programming platform. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in games, the game development club, or the new game development CMSC track to get some first hand knowledge of XBox 360 development.

-----
*Microsoft Presents: XNA Game Programming*

Want to learn more about how to make your own videogames? Microsoft is sending a special guest speaker to help you do just that! Come learn how you can use the free XNA framework to create fun games that will run on both your PC and the X-Box 360!

The event will take place Saturday, March 31^st in Lecture Hall 9 (inside the Public Policy building). From 1-2 pm there will be a general presentation on using XNA and Game Studio Express. Afterwards, from 2:30 - 5:00 pm, there will be a full development tutorial for those serious about making games!

Bring a laptop if you have one. That way you'll be able to follow along during the tutorial.

Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to learn more about game development!

Thanks to Lord Serebi for the info.

#2 Lord Serebi

Lord Serebi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:14 AM

Glad this made the news page, I will be at this event definitely, but I want some sort of recording of it done.
All I have is my camera phone which might not be adequate for youtubing a presentation. Its voice recorder is fine. I'll see what I can do.

What sort of questions does anyone want to be asked?

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

i hope they record and distribute it for interested people who are unable to attend.

#4 indiraider

indiraider

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:39 AM

Wow I'm definitely going to the conference. Wow I can't believe it nothing ever happens in Baltimore. Who can attend this thing? Maybe we could also get some sweet M$ swag????? Heres to hoping. We should all go to this thing like some crazy social networking site and dress in all the same clothes and demand that M$ fix all our efuses and revert us back our old kernel versions. LOL Seriously though it would be cool to meet some local xbox-sceners face to face. See you there

#5 Lord Serebi

Lord Serebi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

bring a camera.

#6 Lord Serebi

Lord Serebi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:43 AM

I just realized you have to "register" for the event here

https://www.clicktoa...spx?code=117119

but from the UMBC Game Developer Club's page , registering that way (only) enters you in a raffle, I guess you can still show up, all anonymous and such.

#7 TheYellowDart

TheYellowDart

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

lmao... i attend umbc, and this is the first time i heard of the event. Its funny reading national/global news about local events you have never heard about. Wonder why they chose umbc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users