X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Living
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:26 AM

Well I sent in my first xbox that died, I don't really remember the error code but I've been having the replaced one for about 5 - 6 months and it just recently died. I did a firmware update that was working fine for about 4 months and about a week ago it stopped working. when I turn the xbox on the lights look like this:

/ \
\ /

I was reading a guide and it said that this was a General Hardware failure. Is there any suggestions on how to fix this? Would putting a mod chip in or restoring the original firmware fix this?

Also, after I opened my xbox and modded it, the sensor for when its vertical or horizontal stopped working. How do I fix this?

#2 lawdawg0931

lawdawg0931

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:34 AM

This topic right here might help you out: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=594487 wink.gif

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(Boogyman @ Mar 26 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post

I was reading a guide and it said that this was a General Hardware failure. Is there any suggestions on how to fix this? Would putting a mod chip in or restoring the original firmware fix this?

No a modchip or FW flash back to original will not fix it.

Look around the forums for the 3RLOD, 0102 error and Red Lights threads for all of the different "fixes" that you can try.

Also, after I opened my xbox and modded it, the sensor for when its vertical or horizontal stopped working. How do I fix this?

Try tapping on the sensor, see if it's just stuck.

#4 Boogyman

Boogyman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Living

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

Ok I followed the guide to the teeth up to the part were you turn it on and let it heat up and resolder itself because I didnt get the 3RLOD. What did I do to fix it? What are the chances of it messing up again?

Also, were is the sensor located so I can tap it.

Edited by Boogyman, 28 March 2007 - 06:33 AM.

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

The "tilt" sensor is at the front left corner of the 360 motherboard, it's right behind the IR sensor for the remote control, SW2G2 is the board designation.

What you did by removing the X-clamps and putting in those spacers and bolting the heatsinks is hold the board more evenly to stop it from flexing and apply a more even pressure on the chip and board to slow down, hopefully stop it but that remains to be seen, from messing up 1 or more of it's thousands of solder joints on the GPU/CPU, which any 1 of around the corners being bad will screw the thing up.

It could happen again, it may run for weeks, months, years before it does, just keep and eye on it and see what happens, best ya can really do.

#6 poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Boogyman @ Mar 28 2007, 06:34 AM) View Post

Ok I followed the guide to the teeth

keep going till you get to the gums.