#16 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(ProChief CXVII @ Mar 27 2007, 03:54 PM) View Post

ehhh, sony acts like they have something up there sleve...

i think they're just confident on their own product, wich microsoft dont seem to be at all with this 360 elite thing and all craptalking against ps3.

#17 Methadon

Methadon

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Master Reefed @ Mar 27 2007, 06:36 AM) View Post

what if microsoft gets pissed cause their new unhackable system gets hacked wide open, and becomes even easier to mod then XBOX1 mods, so they quit production on it in 2009 and launch the new winblows jetson 720, with the new super unhackable, blahblah blah

thats the thing with Microsoft, if something isnt going to their liking, they toss it and do something different, they can do whatever.

Sorry, but that's not why. It's been said already that it's a case arguing profitability, and ultimately, that's true. As you, yourself, noted that the xbox is basically a cheap, low-end PC, it was time for MS to put out a newer technology for gaming.

QUOTE(Neoistheone2000 @ Mar 27 2007, 10:03 AM) View Post

LOL I'm Waiting for Square-Enix to come to the M$ side.

They will. FF's producer said he wants to bring FFXIII to the 360.

QUOTE(dokworm @ Mar 27 2007, 02:26 PM) View Post

Yeah, MGS4 will have to be bloody outstanding *and* stay exclusive or Sony is in real trouble.

What other games are coming for the PS3 that are hotly anticipated (not being a smart arse, I actually am interested to know).

I thing sony has up their sleeve is content, they have Sony pictures at their disposal, and Sony music which is something MS doesn't have, but as far as actual games go?

Not that there is much floating my boat for the 360. I'm up for Forza2, Halo3 and errm, maybe mass effect and Jeff Minters Space Giraffe or whatever it is called, but there hasn't really been anything that has screamed 'next gen' in the same way that Ridge Racer1 and Tekken did on the original playstation.
You played those two games and you knew that your Sega Megadrive or SNES was history.

It was a huge leap forward and the PS2 and Dreamcast were as well, playing Soul Edge on the Dreamcast and I knew my PS1 was going into retirement.
But what is there on the 360 or PS3 that just makes you go Holy F*&* Batman?

Motorstorm is nice, but repetitive and no online and no gamer achievements. GoW was very cool, but linear and repetitive (run, cover, shoot, run cover shoot), Takedown is awesome fun, but via VGA on the XBOX1 it feels almost identical, you get the feeling that a lot of 360 titles could have been done on the XBOX1 just not quite as deep or pretty.

I wish MS or Sony had had the balls to go truly next gen with dual outputs for side by side gaming on the one console, or *something* that was truly new...

I enjoy the 360, but it really just feels like I put a new GFX card in my xbox1 rather than a true leap to a new platform.

Oddly, I feel that the 360 is quite next-gen compared to the xbox. Maybe not as next-gen if you compare it against a fully loaded x1 with XBMC and a slew of other applications/games. I am, however, disappointed that when Sega introduced the VMU for the Dreamcast, someone promised gamers that this could lead to being able to simply have updates for games, without having to keep releasing new editions. Roster changes and such would simply be downloaded for a fee. We're 2 generations past the DC and still get asked to pay $60 for EVERY sports title when it comes out, which is especially wrong considering how much advertising you see in EA titles now (seriously, if Burger King is paying you money to advertise in your game, the customer should save some money now.)

As for MGS4, I'm sure the game will be impressive, but we've seen a few MGS's on the X1 already, and a title like that will sell millions. If Konami isn't confident that MGS4 will also sell PS3's to give them the projected sales, I'm sure they'll jump ship. Lot harder to part with $700 to get a system & MGS title instead of $250.

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Mar 27 2007, 03:29 PM) View Post

The Sega Saturn was launched in 1995 and support ended in 1998 (3 years)
The Sega Dreamcast was launched in 1999 and support ended in 2001 (2 years)

Support for the Saturn was only dropped by Sega in '98, though I think not officially. Third party titles *did* continue to surface, showing support. I think they may have pulled their own Saturn support right around the DC launch.
The Dreamcast also recieved support after '01. Sega had announced that they would no longer be making consoles, and would *begin* to develope software as a 3rd party company, but that was to be done with their resources that were producing hardware. I think they ceased software support for the DC in late '02 though.

Sure neither is much after, but I just think you were slightly off in the "support life" stat.

#18 Helliano

Helliano

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Methadon @ Mar 27 2007, 06:33 PM) View Post

They will. FF's producer said he wants to bring FFXIII to the 360.

Thats cool, didnt know that, btw its called FFXIV smile.gif

#19 slipstream

slipstream

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(Helliano @ Mar 27 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post

Thats cool, didnt know that, btw its called FFXIV smile.gif

wouldnt that make it FF14? If i remember right X = 10, V = 5, an I before a V means V - I, or 5-1, which is 4. shouldnt it be FFXIIV? Or i cant remember my roman numerals(SP?) anymore.

#20 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(slipstream @ Mar 27 2007, 05:08 PM) View Post

wouldnt that make it FF14? If i remember right X = 10, V = 5, an I before a V means V - I, or 5-1, which is 4. shouldnt it be FFXIIV? Or i cant remember my roman numerals(SP?) anymore.

for what it's worth

10 = X
11 = XI
12 = XII
13 = XIII
14 = XIV
15 = XV

so whichever is the next FF, than look above

#21 Helliano

Helliano

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:05 AM

Lol im sorry, was very tired yesterday of course its called XIII

#22 BeerOrDeath

BeerOrDeath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(Neoistheone2000 @ Mar 27 2007, 04:03 AM) View Post

LOL I'm Waiting for Square-Enix to come to the M$ side.

I read somewhere a little while ago that they are already planning on making games for the 360. I'm waiting for the next FF to launch simulatenously on the xbox and ps3.

What I'm REALLY pumped about though is the possibility of MGS4 on the 360. Not a timed exclusive, but just launched on the xbox the same day as the ps3. I think that'd effectively put the stake through the heart of the ps3.

#23 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:16 AM

edit

Edited by Master Reefed, 29 March 2007 - 08:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users