Tiuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

I bought my 360 in nov 06, and got a bad unit. I exchanged it for a new one in early January 07, and have a 90 day in store warranty (Walmart). It expires in the next couple of weeks, and I'm wondering if maybe it would be wise to exchange it again before the warranty runs out for the sake of possibly doing this until the 65 nm boxes start filling stores. Any opinions?

#2 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

nobody knows yet, no body has any facts. its all going to be hear-say. countless threads discussing the 65 nm cpu...

#3 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:55 PM

I read somewhere (sorry dont remember where) that the 65nm wasn't even confirmed as most have stated. If M$ releases word on the Elite tomorrow, I guess we will know within the next 24 hours.

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

The only advantage to the consumer is lower heat and power consumption. I hope the GPU moves to 65NM as well, because that is the main problem afaik. The only advantage really is MS can fit more processors on a wafer, meaning lower production prices, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Core or Premium price dropped tomorrow.

Imho the 120GB hard drive is the main thing people should hope for atm, HDMI is nice but not necessary, maybe the Xbox Live maintenance was to cope with the influx of people downloading when people get there 120GB hard drives.

Edited by bucko, 27 March 2007 - 09:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users