2 replies to this topic

#1 ydgmms

ydgmms

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:16 PM

My friend has a 360, should still be under warranty, but it no longer turns on. Tried another power supply and no-go.

Told him to just call MS since its still under warranty. Next time I asked about it, he said he would need a receipt.

Is that true? I've never dealt with warranty claims from MS. He bought it from Wal-Mart in December 06 and since lost/threw away the receipt... I figured once they put the serial number into their database to check warranty status they would replace it with or without original purchase receipt.

Can anyone confirm/deny the need of a receipt? Or if there is some way he should go about doing it.

I'd much rather him go through the MS warranty process since its a fairly new console before I open it up to attempt to fix it.

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:18 PM

I wasn't asked for a receipt. I'm sure the SN is logged at sale or something.

#3 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:12 AM

S/N are not usually logged at retail for the xbox 360 for some reason.

Some options..

1. Walmart may be able to look up the receipt if he provides credit card information.

2. Walmart may exchange the console since it has only been 90 days.

3. What is the manufacturing date of the console? Call MS again. If the console was just bought in Dec then the date should be recent and MS should be able to repair based on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users