Photo

How To: Remove In-game Black Bars On Left/right Of Screen?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peace5eighty6

peace5eighty6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

I'm running at 720P 16:9 and my tv is set to 16:9 WS. I have the screen calibrated perfectly (as shown HERE). When I play a game from the HD, for example, Madden 2007, when in the menus I see black bars about an inch thick on the left & right of the screen. Once I enter actual gameplay everything is OK. When I play HALO 2 or NBA Street V3 everything is perfect. If I try any of the Splinter Cell games, I get the 1inch think black bars again the entire time. It just seems kind of random depending on which game I am in.

Is this normal or what? Again my tv is set to accept Widescreen 16:9 720P. sleep.gif

After searching for anyone that has a similiar problem, I came across THIS POST, which is Exactly what I am experiencing. It seems as though nobody has an answer to the issue. dry.gif

Just for shits and giggles, my tv is a Philips, not a Panny (mentioned in the post I linked to).

Anyone!!??

Edited by peace5eighty6, 01 April 2007 - 01:27 AM.

#2 alf4_n1n54

alf4_n1n54

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(peace5eighty6 @ Mar 31 2007, 07:33 PM) View Post

I'm running at 720P 16:9 and my tv is set to 16:9 WS. I have the screen calibrated perfectly (as shown HERE). When I play a game from the HD, for example, Madden 2007, when in the menus I see black bars about an inch thick on the left & right of the screen. Once I enter actual gameplay everything is OK. When I play HALO 2 or NBA Street V3 everything is perfect. If I try any of the Splinter Cell games, I get the 1inch think black bars again the entire time. It just seems kind of random depending on which game I am in.

Is this normal or what? Again my tv is set to accept Widescreen 16:9 720P. sleep.gif

After searching for anyone that has a similiar problem, I came across THIS POST, which is Exactly what I am experiencing. It seems as though nobody has an answer to the issue. dry.gif

Just for shits and giggles, my tv is a Philips, not a Panny (mentioned in the post I linked to).
Anyone!!??
If you look on the back of the box it will say 4:3 or 16:9 its just the way the game is made.

#3 peace5eighty6

peace5eighty6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

That makes me wonder though, because what I am describing is not what I see when I watch a 4:3 video. This is widescreen with like 1.5" black bars on each side, when I view 4:3 content it's like 6" bars on each side.

? blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users