• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OsterHase

OsterHase

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

Going to go directly to the subject: there is an awful mess around an Xbox that was given to me, I was wondering given the only problem seems to be a broken trace along "some" solder on the LCP rebuild area if I couldnt make the console usable again.

Here is a photo of it:
IPB Image

Thanks in advance in any help that may help me resurrect this xbox.

#2 blubberpud

blubberpud

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:37 PM

At first glance it appears that there is only 1 lifted trace, but I would clean all that nastyness off first (solder sucker or solder braid) and then you can get a better look at what you are in for. Then you can fix that trace, check the LPC for proper voltages and hopefully you will have a functioning box again biggrin.gif

#3 AfterTheInsanity

AfterTheInsanity

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:32 AM

Its just a torn trace. All you have to do is jumper it - solder one end of a wire to the bare end of the trace, on the left of the red line, and solder the other end to the via on the right side of the red line. Problem solved!

While youre at it, clean up the rest of the trace that i see sticking up - cut it off where it starts to come off the board.

Edited by AfterTheInsanity, 03 April 2007 - 03:33 AM.

#4 OsterHase

OsterHase

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

Well looks like I got a Alive Xbox

I did what you guys suggested (cleaned within possible the solder in the lcp rebuild area) and created a "bridge" for the broken trace.

Now the problem is I dont really see myself trying to put a "proper" modchip on it, because thats just asking for trouble...

Any suggestions, dont see much more besides using a softmod exploit :/

#5 OsterHase

OsterHase

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

What do you guys recommend me to do now with it:

- Gamesave Exploit

Pros:
- trouble free
- reversable
- dont need to mess with more soldering (i.e risking having the bridged traced cut)

Cons
- Need the original game
- Need Action Replay or a home-made xbox-compatible usb key

- Fonts Exploit

- Hardswapping + TSOP flashing

Pros:
- Efective
- Cheap

Cons:
- Risky
- Need to remove the pcb again and solder 2 points (risking screwing the bridged trace)

Feedback is highly appreciatted!

#6 AfterTheInsanity

AfterTheInsanity

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

Get a modchip and do a wire install (instead of using a pinheader). As long as you use a decent amount of solder (clean up the blobs that are there - also, get some flux, your solder joints look spikey, meaning the solder isnt connecting to the LPC port too well.) and itll work fine. If it was me, anyways, Id take a modchip over a softmod.

Edited by AfterTheInsanity, 06 April 2007 - 05:19 PM.

#7 BLUEku

BLUEku

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

have you taken a look in the xecuter forums, I posted a guide on how to properly repair damage like this... and its cheap... about 16 bucks. Anyways, go look for it and if you have problems finding a sticky thread then thats on you. Peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users