Photo

Ps3's Quality And Reliability

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: PS3 Quality and Reliability

How long have you had your PS3

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Have you had any problems with the unit

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Overall impressions of the PS3's quality and reliablility

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 YoungGeekGuy

YoungGeekGuy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:15 AM

Well I was pretty pissed when I finally got a new laser and inner drive assembly and the weak ass clip on the motherboard broke, you know the one that holds the Blu ray drive. If anyone knows where to buy the clip and cable please let me know because I really want my PS3 to work. I bought it broken and never really got to play it. The console will not boot anything without the disc drive board.

#17 Ajamax

Ajamax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

I have had 2x of the original 60 gigabyte units since the first day or 2 after they were released. Never had any issues with either of them. Great quality in the PS3 I must say.

#18 imdbowlgod

imdbowlgod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

ive had my ps3 for almost 3 years now. about 5 days ago it stopped reading blu rays regularly. it plays dvds and cds just fine on the first try, but takes 3 or more with a blu ray (game or movie). ive read its either a board, a diode, or the laser. does anyone know what the problem is? i love my ps3 and want to fix it, but im not sure what part i need.

#19 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:32 AM

i would guess it's the laser...just because
the drive has 2 lasers one red for regular dvd and cds and the blu-ish oen just for blu-ray disc.

so you say DVDs and CDs are fine just Bluray Disc are not working well...and that is just my conclusion ...i could be wrong tho.

#20 melterx12

melterx12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

ps3 seems to generally be more reliable than an xbox, but still the first gen ps3s have been getting YLOD like the plague.

#21 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

original 60 gig. very early version. it was a floor display in a store i used to manage. it sat in a ceiling on all day, with poor ventilation, now it sits in an entertainment center with even poorer ventilation. no problems at all.

#22 melterx12

melterx12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

1st gen ps3s (60gb and 20gb models) arepretty prone to overheating and YLOD, but the models after that are very solid.

#23 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

i saw alot of dead launch systems on ebay the blueray being dead. but i think they fixed that on later model systems. thats been the only failer i have seen. defently much lower then 360s.

#24 g0bbybobby

g0bbybobby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

The faliure rates are listed here.

http://www.squaretra...bility_0809.pdf

U see for an Xbox 360 (source was 29 Aug 2009, a year ago) the faliure rate is almost 1 in 4m, however newer consoles fail less. (so we are told) The PS3 has a faliure rate of %10 or 1 in 10 consoles. Thats still pretty high. The Wii is best 2~% or 2/100 fail. IMO the Xbox and PS faliure rate is bad. The 360 being really bad. Tho hardware revisions make them less prone to faliure, look at nintendo. not many faliures at all. The machines this gen from, MS and Sony pretty poor.

I voted that I had my PS crash. I do not believe my crash is a Hardware issue. Its just mag. Mag is the only game that crasehs so...

#25 Ic3l0rd

Ic3l0rd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

I bought a used PS3, but i had it in less than a month, and no errors, freezing, controller issues or anything.
My only complaint is that i got SIXAXIS instead of Dualshock 3, but, serves me right for not asking :\

#26 Avinitlarge

Avinitlarge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

Ive had my 60Gb Phat PS3 since it was released, It has been faultless apart from the usually glitchy games, mainly AC2. I love my PS3 in everyway and would choose it over my Xbox too. Im not a fan boy btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users