thebaboon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

Ok so this morning I go to Target to get Guitar Hero. I'm the first person to buy a copy and when the cashier tried ring it up he looks at the screen and the receipt and says he can't sell because its been recalled, and the computer wouldn't let him ring it up. When I looked at the receipt it said something about it being recalled, not to sell it and had instructions for the employee to take all remaining items off the shelf. At the Best Buy across the street they hadn't heard anything about this and sold me a copy no problem.

Anyone know anything about this?

Edited by thebaboon, 03 April 2007 - 08:39 PM.

#2 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

apparently the guitars are breaking left and right, especially in the strum and whammy. sad.gif

Got mine though!!! I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING TONIGHT!! Don't know what I am gonna do with the extra game I got....

#3 thebaboon

thebaboon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hmm my whammy bar isn't very sensitive. Otherwise mine works, lets hope it stays that way.

#4 JUANVAN

JUANVAN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

I just got done with a couple of tracks it was not that bad..

That wamy bar is 3 times better then the PS2 version.
The star power up and down is kinda off though :-/

#5 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

My guitar feels solid. Ive never played a game of this gendre before and when im done with a song and theres a still screen on the tv my eyes bug out and the scrreen looks like its moving (old schol acid trip)! blink.gif

#6 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:28 AM

im a gh veteran. the guitar feels great! Whammy bar is a bit unresponsive, but do-able nonetheless. The star power on the other hand is WAY too sensitive and when you go rock out it just busts on, sucks! So it's kinda better to rock downwards direction, lol.

game owns. I love guitar hero. NEED A SECOND GUITAR!!!! X( Someone who hates the game, sell your guitar to me! blink.gif

#7 DugFreez

DugFreez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:14 AM

Yeah the guitar seem to be spum on many levels. Whammy bar suckage, Star power suckage (mine is defective in this way) strum bar suckage...and a few DOA guitars. I think there will be alot of guitars going back to redoctane.... I know mine is.

#8 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:42 AM

i saw extra guitars at target for $49.99

#9 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:48 AM

My whammy bar barely works sad.gif

#10 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE(Fuzzy @ Apr 4 2007, 05:55 AM) View Post

My whammy bar barely works sad.gif

Mine too, i think its a widespread problem. mad.gif

#11 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Apr 3 2007, 03:34 PM) View Post

My guitar feels solid. Ive never played a game of this gendre before and when im done with a song and theres a still screen on the tv my eyes bug out and the scrreen looks like its moving (old schol acid trip)! blink.gif

rofl!, I got that same thing! I'm thinking like "why is the screen moving? that's awkward", but holy crap it sure wasn't supposed to be moving, haha.

#12 hassle

hassle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Games
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

My whammy bar isnt responsive much at all. i called gamestop and all teh guy said was that its a rumor teh guitars are fine and then he hung up on me. i hate gamestop people. they think they know everything there is to know about video games.

#13 scubasjl

scubasjl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

gamestop people suck, go to walmart they no everything, i just go in their to listen and laugh, as the retarded person tries to tell the dad that a ps2 game would work on a xbox 360. Aww that place is so much fun they have the dumbest people their, no wounder they have cheap prices, dumb people are the next thing to chinese kids in the factories smile.gif

Oyeah my guitar is solid nothing wrong with it yet, but only 6 hours playing so whom noes what will happen.

The screen is so awesome have a projector and yeah its such an acid trip without the acid, try playing with alcohol and its amazing such a party game smile.gif

#14 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:14 AM

i cant tell if there is an issue with my guitar or if it's me being paranoid. I've played the ps2 version and the whammy bar was much more responsive. I'm thinking of returning it to walmart and trying another one. What will happen is i'll hit the whammy bar and keep bringing it back and forth and it works...then i hit another long note and try it again and it wont...and then maybe the 3rd it will or 4th it depends. So i think there is something wrong with mine...I maytry and return it to walmart and have them price match circuit city's 1600point card

#15 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:58 AM

I've been playing mine since it came out yesterday. The guitar feels solid to me and I haven't had any problems with the strum or whammy bar. Hopefully, It's gonna stay this way. I haven't heard of this problem until now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users