66 replies to this topic

#16 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:26 AM

ok.. It's narrowed down to 4 lines then but I have no idea why it's throwing the exception for you and no one else. And this is a function that's taken straight from XBMCDBR... but with this test we should be able to narrow it down to the line. Thanks for doing all this for me, it's a big help. Sorry for all the trouble. And just so you know, this is happening after downloading the source so you can just do an update for the test.

Thanks again

http://www.box.net/shared/8a9yptlo4c

#17 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

Sorry it's causing issues for you to have to troubleshoot. I don't mind on my end. I am wondering if it's an x64 compatibility issue then. The worse case scenario at least is i can keep using XBMCDBR for now. It's working just fine. I remembered i didn't install VS and XDK on my server, so i can't try it on that one. If i get some time, i will do that though and try this again on that machine.

11:43: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\web.rar
11:43: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\Project_Mayhem_webserver_V1.1.2.rar
11:43: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\Project_Mayem_III_webserver_v1.0.rar
11:43: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\Changelog_WebServer.txt
11:43: U Data Folder\XBMC
11:43: Checked out revision 8423.
11:43: Task [SVN checkout 1] Complete
11:43: Got revision number as [8423]
11:43: Checkout completed in 1 attempts
11:43: Running Task [Get Changelog XML]
11:43: File [Data Folder\SVN\svn] Args [ log https://svn.sourcefo...bmc/trunk/XBMC/ --limit 100 --xml]
11:43: Task [Get Changelog XML] Complete
11:43: Running Task [Build Changelog]
11:43: File [Data Folder\XBMC\tools\changelog\changelog] Args [Data Folder\Changelog.xml]
11:43: Task [Build Changelog] Complete
11:43: getSource completed at 92% using maximum 60000
11:43: Copying Patches directory to be compiled
11:43: Patches directory copied
11:43: Looking for Visual Studio using key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1
11:43: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
11:43: Cannot find visual studio at []
11:43: Trying old reg key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\devenv.exe
11:43: MessageBox: [Build Error] Build of XBMC Failed!
Please check the log file for details...
11:43: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at dXBMC.Form1.getVsNetLocation()
at dXBMC.Form1.rebuildXBMC()
11:43: at dXBMC.Form1.getVsNetLocation()
at dXBMC.Form1.rebuildXBMC()
11:43: rebuild completed at 0% using maximum 5600
11:43: Fatal error while running XBMCDBR, see log file
11:43: Email Skipped, Process completed

Here's my log file from last night's build using XBMCDBR. It's working just fine on x64-

Settings:[Get Source Mode [update]]
Settings:[Batch Mode [False]]
Settings:[FTP Mode [folder]]
XBMCDBR C# Edition
Running Task [SVN checkout 1]
File [tools\svn\svn] Args [ checkout https://svn.sourcefo...bmc/trunk/XBMC/ XBMC]
U XBMC\guilib\GUIControl.h
U XBMC\guilib\GUIMessage.h
U XBMC\guilib\GUISelectButtonControl.cpp
A XBMC\web\Project_Mayem_III_webserver_v1.0.rar
Checked out revision 8419.
Task [SVN checkout 1] Complete
Got revision number as [8419]
Checkout completed in 1 attempts
Running Task [Get Changelog XML]
File [tools\svn\svn] Args [ log https://svn.sourcefo...bmc/trunk/XBMC/ --limit 100 --xml]
Task [Get Changelog XML] Complete
Running Task [Build Changelog]
File [XBMC\tools\changelog\changelog] Args [Changelog.xml]
Changelog saved as: Changelog.txt
Task [Build Changelog] Complete
Copying of Patches and Rebuild of XBMC source code starting.
May take 10-40 minutes depending on your PC..
Copying Patches directory to be compiled
Patches directory copied
Looking for Visual Studio using key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\InstallDir
Using Visual Studio at [C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe]
Running Task [Clean XBMC]
File ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"] Args [ /out "Logs\VS2003Log.txt" /clean release xbox "XBMC\xbmc.sln]
Task [Clean XBMC] Complete
Post Clean Start
File [XBMC\Release\xbmc.map] Found
Deleted file [XBMC\Release\xbmc.map]
Post Clean Done
Running Task [Build XBMC]
File ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"] Args [ /out "Logs\VS2003Log.txt" /build release xbox "XBMC\xbmc.sln]
Task [Build XBMC] Complete
Found default.xbe, build OK
Building textures.xpr
Running Task [Build textures.xpr]
File [XBMC\Tools\XBMCTex\XBMCTex.exe] Args [-input "XBMC\skin\Project Mayhem III\media" -quality high -output "XBMC\skin\Project Mayhem III\media"]
ncftpput Build\*: could not send file to remote host.
Task [FTP Folder] Complete
Finish()
MessageBox: [DBR Complete] Success!
Please enjoy XBMC.

#18 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

is that an updated log? the times and output are the same as you posted last night. Is there any other way that I could contact you? Do you use mIRC? or any kind of IM?

Edited by danomoseley, 05 April 2007 - 04:22 PM.

#19 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

New revision r011 released, check the wiki on the google source page for a changelog.

#20 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

@chad000, this is happening before you ever see the interface correct? If so it has to be a problem creating needed folders/logfile. What operating system are you running? is it vista? if it is, try running the program with elevated priveledges or in a folder other than the desktop if that is where you are running it from. I'm going to add error checking for the file creation process in r012 so you can see if that is the problem, but I'm almost positive it is. I'm just throwing out some ideas here.

Edited by danomoseley, 05 April 2007 - 09:45 PM.

#21 gehx

gehx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

Nice work Dano!!

couple of requests...

can you make an option to use a diff smtp server and add an option to create an xiso after completion?

thx, and great work!!

#22 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

diff smtp server would be easy to implement, but may I ask why you would like to use a different one? XISO creation.. I could try and do that, but it's not going to be a top of the list implementation, expect to see it in a week or two at the earliest smile.gif

Thanks for the comments though, input is crucial. With all the problems people were posting about, I wasn't sure if it was actually working for anyone out there..

#23 gehx

gehx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(danomoseley @ Apr 5 2007, 07:14 PM) View Post

diff smtp server would be easy to implement, but may I ask why you would like to use a different one? XISO creation.. I could try and do that, but it's not going to be a top of the list implementation, expect to see it in a week or two at the earliest smile.gif

Thanks for the comments though, input is crucial. With all the problems people were posting about, I wasn't sure if it was actually working for anyone out there..

Not to be a dink or anything, but I don't feel comfortable entering my login credientials for my email in an app that may transmit my data to "unknown" locations. Again, not trying to be a dink, but that's why. XISO creation would be sweet, I certainly don't mind waiting.

Thx again for this great app, I was beginning to think XBMCDBR had fallen off into development oblivion.

#24 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

Just released r012 with custom SMTP support and a few other changes, see the changelog on the google code wiki. Let me know how the smtp support works for you.

#25 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:52 AM

Using r012. Just did.

01:08: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\Project_Mayhem_webserver_V1.1.2.rar
01:09: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\Project_Mayem_III_webserver_v1.0.rar
01:09: A Data Folder\XBMC\web\Changelog_WebServer.txt
01:09: U Data Folder\XBMC
01:09: Checked out revision 8424.
01:09: Task [SVN checkout 2] Complete
01:09: Got revision number as [8424]
01:09: Checkout completed in 2 attempts
01:09: Running Task [Get Changelog XML]
01:09: File [Data Folder\SVN\svn] Args [ log https://svn.sourcefo...bmc/trunk/XBMC/ --limit 100 --xml]
01:10: Task [Get Changelog XML] Complete
01:10: Running Task [Build Changelog]
01:10: File [Data Folder\XBMC\tools\changelog\changelog] Args [Data Folder\Changelog.xml]
01:10: Task [Build Changelog] Complete
01:10: getSource completed at 91% using maximum 60000
01:10: Copying Patches directory to be compiled
01:10: Patches directory copied
01:10: Looking for Visual Studio using key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1
01:10: 2: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
01:10: 4: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
01:10: Cannot find visual studio at [devenv.exe]
01:10: Trying old reg key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\devenv.exe
01:10: Build of XBMC Failed!
Please check the log file for details:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
01:10: Fatal error during XBMCDBR process, see log file for more details

I PM'd you my IM info if you want, feel free to contact me.

#26 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

@djdafreund - I found the line thats throwing the error from the log you posted:

CODE

rkVsNet = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\7.1");

this line is returning "null" hence the null reference exception in the output. Now why it's returning null, I can't tell for sure, but I do know that it's a problem with the program accessing and reading that subkey in your registry. Why this works in XBMCDBR and not dXBMC, I haven't the faintest. Do you run your system with any kind of elevated security that could cause this, do you have XBMCDBR set to run with any special kinds of settings? This is extremely puzzling..

Edited by danomoseley, 06 April 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#27 chad000

chad000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:00 AM

dana-
I'm running XP Media Center 2005...I'll keep troubleshooting...I don't mind since I compile daily on my own anyway, just trying to help you get bugs out...I'll keep you posted

#28 gehx

gehx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(danomoseley @ Apr 5 2007, 10:22 PM) View Post

Just released r012 with custom SMTP support and a few other changes, see the changelog on the google code wiki. Let me know how the smtp support works for you.

thx smile.gif

SMTP support doesn't seem to be working for me...could it be because I'm trying to use my ISP's smtp server (it doesn't require a login)?

#29 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(danomoseley @ Apr 6 2007, 02:49 AM) View Post

@djdafreund - I found the line thats throwing the error from the log you posted:

CODE

rkVsNet = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\7.1");

this line is returning "null" hence the null reference exception in the output. Now why it's returning null, I can't tell for sure, but I do know that it's a problem with the program accessing and reading that subkey in your registry. Why this works in XBMCDBR and not dXBMC, I haven't the faintest. Do you run your system with any kind of elevated security that could cause this, do you have XBMCDBR set to run with any special kinds of settings? This is extremely puzzling..

Well, this isn't the answer you want to hear, but i don't run any special security settings. I'm the only user/admin setup on my main system, and i don't run any special settings within XBMCDBR, other then unzipping and running the main zip file. And i don't even have to change any compatibility settings to make it work right. It just works. Not much help. I can try whatever you would like though to help troubleshoot further. I don't mind. I'm used to troubleshooting software as well as beta testing stuff. Since the Girder days.

#30 danomoseley

danomoseley

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

I'm currently out of town for the holiday weekend so development is taking a break until monday.

@chad000 - have you tried the new version yet? If you have, does it give you any error messages now?

@gehx - I'll add support for blank user/pass, I didn't even think of that, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

@djdafreund - I'm determined to figure this problem out.. I'll do some research on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users