7 replies to this topic

#1 superman2384

superman2384

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:11 AM

Hi

I have sureal installed as an emulator on my xbox. Although it gives me perfect emulation for mario 64 I am having trouble with ocarina of time. I have tried about three different roms but all have poor frame rates making the game unplayable. I know some people get perfect emulation for this game. Could you please tell me how i can get it working. I have read that v1.0 of the rom is the best but cant find it anywhere

#2 krull1981

krull1981

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:43 PM

I found these setting by doing a google search they come from this very forum. I havent tried them though the guy claims it works very well.

The Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time
Emulator - 1964
Settings - 4mb Max Video, 8mb Dynarec, 4mb Paging
My god did this game take me forever to figure out that the default settings are the best! You can take your Dynarec as high as 12 but I don't recommend it as you could run out of memory and have your box freeze. The game run smooth, but there are a few textures that are messed up, especially some spiderwebs and lets just say Red Mountain looks actually kind of cool smile.gif. This game also has the last heart not showing up issue.

#3 Shejken

Shejken

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Im having some troubles with this game to...

It runs smooth and so, but some things are bugged, like, I cant see where I am at the map, there is no arrow. And some maps doesnt show at all. AND the EQ section on the pause meny is totaly bugged...

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Shejken

#4 Diontae18

Diontae18

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:10 PM

I beat this rom. It's fully playable. biggrin.gif

#5 hulk2

hulk2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

there are few graphic problems but you can still be the game like normal. the only thing the annoys me is the menu lag and loading save state. you have to either be standing still or load your save state at the nintendo 64 intro or else the game will lock up.

#6 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

I wish there was another OFFICIAL update to this emu on the way. :/

#7 Diontae18

Diontae18

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(hulk2 @ Apr 7 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post

there are few graphic problems but you can still be the game like normal. the only thing the annoys me is the menu lag and loading save state. you have to either be standing still or load your save state at the nintendo 64 intro or else the game will lock up.

You're right. It's best to load before the intro. Also, that lag things gets really annoying when you're traversing the water temple. All that switching between the iron boots/normal boots + the long load times to bring up the equipment menu. Lets not forget it's the most annoying, longest level in the game. rolleyes.gif

But i beat it, so i don't care biggrin.gif

#8 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

I keep forgettting this was also released for the Gamecube, and the Gamecube is playable on the Wii, and the Wii has mods...

...what do I care?!?!? smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users