• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

Each of the A/V packs are listed below.

IPB Image

Edited by twistedsymphony, 19 April 2007 - 01:51 PM.

#2 sinister slipknot

sinister slipknot

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

Sweet beerchug.gif , this should be stickied... maybe in the case modding forum? uhh.gif

#3 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ Apr 8 2007, 07:56 AM) View Post

Sweet beerchug.gif , this should be stickied... maybe in the case modding forum? uhh.gif

Thanks. As for sticky, and where to, it should more than likely stay in audio/video, as it's a pinout guide for both audio and video... smile.gif

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

I've added a link to this thread in the technical section of the stickied FAQ.

#5 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

OP - Can you also include RGB for us Europeans ! Pinout is on my page but your diagrams are much nicer than mine wink.gif

Also - interesting that you mention S-Video because I can find no evidence on the net that there is any S-Video pinout - but monster etc sell S-Video cables so there must be ?

Cheers,

RBJTech...

#6 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Apr 9 2007, 02:01 PM) View Post

OP - Can you also include RGB for us Europeans ! Pinout is on my page but your diagrams are much nicer than mine wink.gif

Also - interesting that you mention S-Video because I can find no evidence on the net that there is any S-Video pinout - but monster etc sell S-Video cables so there must be ?

Cheers,

RBJTech...

I'll add RGB SCART for ya, and I know for a fact there is an output for S-Video. On the original Xbox, it was the same as the Y and Pr signal lines were for High Def. I'll have to check if it's the same on the 360.

#7 RustyDiggler

RustyDiggler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:57 PM

Quick question....
Im doing an upcoming mod (check the case modding forums in a few days for details) but i was going to add both HD jacks and standard A/V jacks (for when i go to my friends house who doesnt have an HD TV) in the back so i can use my own set of cables.

The question is this....would i just be better off using a standard HD + A/V cable that comes with the 360 and just hooking a pair of female-female jacks on the end (ie. - basically getting female connectors and putting them on the end of a stock 360 cable) or will i notice a lot better picture by wiring my own jacks directly to the 360?

And when i say noticeable, i mean noticable (its to much work for just a minimal gain)

Thanks in advance beerchug.gif

#8 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(RustyDiggler @ Apr 9 2007, 05:04 PM) View Post

Quick question....
Im doing an upcoming mod (check the case modding forums in a few days for details) but i was going to add both HD jacks and standard A/V jacks (for when i go to my friends house who doesnt have an HD TV) in the back so i can use my own set of cables.

The question is this....would i just be better off using a standard HD + A/V cable that comes with the 360 and just hooking a pair of female-female jacks on the end (ie. - basically getting female connectors and putting them on the end of a stock 360 cable) or will i notice a lot better picture by wiring my own jacks directly to the 360?

And when i say noticeable, i mean noticable (its to much work for just a minimal gain)
Thanks in advance beerchug.gif

There won't be a noticeable difference between them.

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Apr 9 2007, 03:01 PM) View Post

Cheers,

RBJTech...

I actually bought a cheap 3rd party S-Video cable at one point because I wanted to see what the pinout was... to my surprise the L and C lines simply ran together into the Composite line...

I'm honestly unsure if the 360 is even cable of a real S-Video signal. blink.gif

#10 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 10 2007, 04:55 PM) View Post

I actually bought a cheap 3rd party S-Video cable at one point because I wanted to see what the pinout was... to my surprise the L and C lines simply ran together into the Composite line...

I'm honestly unsure if the 360 is even cable of a real S-Video signal. blink.gif

That's what I feared tbh ... what a bunch of con artists. Thanks for the update ...

#11 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 10 2007, 10:55 AM) View Post

Oh that is crap! So there's really no point at all in getting the S-Video cable... That's a tad disappointing...

I'll have the SCART diagram up soon.

#12 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:48 AM

SCART diagram is up. Hopefully you guys can tell what's going on with it. It's a bit hard to get all of the connections to look proper, but I've done the best I can. If there's any confusion, just let me know.

#13 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(JaredC01 @ Apr 11 2007, 05:55 AM) View Post

SCART diagram is up. Hopefully you guys can tell what's going on with it. It's a bit hard to get all of the connections to look proper, but I've done the best I can. If there's any confusion, just let me know.

13 and 15 need some different colours as they are both red - one is a signal the other ground - get em wrong and you won't get any sound.

Assume you've left off the grounds for diagram clarity ? (should really have them, especially for switching/blanking and composite/sync)

I understand it all fine - but some less experienced people will want it 100% ... wink.gif

(sorry to be picky... smile.gif )

#14 sinister slipknot

sinister slipknot

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Apr 11 2007, 10:33 AM) View Post

13 and 15 need some different colours as they are both red - one is a signal the other ground - get em wrong and you won't get any sound.

Assume you've left off the grounds for diagram clarity ? (should really have them, especially for switching/blanking and composite/sync)

I understand it all fine - but some less experienced people will want it 100% ... wink.gif

You don't really need to know though, just solder a wire from the point on the mobo to the pin specified and you should be golden.

Edited by sinister slipknot, 11 April 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#15 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Apr 11 2007, 05:33 AM) View Post

13 and 15 are no different than the 'Red' audio jack on any of the other diagrams. Just follow the pinouts and you're golden.

According to the diagram put up by Arakon, the only ground wire I'm missing is pin 17. I can add the rest of the grounds, though they weren't all on his diagram, so they weren't added smile.gif. If you feel they should be added, I'll look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users