2 replies to this topic

#1 rthoma4

rthoma4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:33 AM

Hey gang,

I've been trying in vain to get Evolution X installed onto my XBox without any success. Here's the breakdown of what I have:

XBox v1.0
Samsung DVD Drive
Xecutor 2.6 CE Modchip (Xapt3r solderless adapter)
Xecuter v2 bios loaded onto the 1st bank

The modchip appears to be working because the blue LEDs light up when the XBox is powered and during the initial bootup, the message "Xecuter2 Config Live loading..." appears followed by the typical XBox animation and below the XBox logo (where "Microsoft" should be, "Xecuter Rox My Box" is displayed). Here is where I've been stuck. When I have a disc in the drive (more on this later), the screen will either stay on the XBox/Rox My Box display or go to the screen where it says that the disc I have inserted is not an XBox game, DVD, or music CD, etc.

I have used CD-R/-RW/+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW. The brands have ranged from off-brand PNY technology CD-RW (which usually give the frozen intro screen but I was able to use to load the bios), to more available store brands (Memorex DVD-R), and have gone so far as to buy a variety of CDs and DVDs online from meritline.com (these include Phillips, Samsung, JVC, Ridata, Verbatim, Maxell, and Taiyo Yuden). Although I have not gone through all of the brands (I've stuck to rewritables for now so I can alter my burns, etc) I have created many coasters because of the Evolution X boot disc being able to load up.

In order to burn the ISO, I'm using either a SONY CD-RW (CRX195E1) or LITE-ON DVDRW (SHW-160P6S) burner and have used Alcohol 120% (v1.9.6 build 4719) or Nero v6.6.0.13 at a speed of 1x-4x at most. To create the ISO I've used Craxtion4, xISO v1.1.5, XBox ISO Image Maker v1. 21. Various combinations of these have not worked and so I'm wondering if my ISO is not setup properly, the burning process or configuration is not correct, or there may be an incompatibility issue with the bios and the dashboard.

I initially started with EvolutionX build 3935 but recently switched to build 3921 thinking an older version would work better. My disc (whether it be CD or DVD) contains a dummy file of 500Mb and I've renamed the *.xbe file to default.xbe but nothing has helped.

Finally, I've even hooked an old PC-DVD drive up to the XBox (using a Y-power connector) to see if it could read the Evolution X boot disc but that didn't work either.

Sorry this is long winded but I wanted to get all of my info out there from the beginning. It seems that I've done everything listed in various posts but to no avail. Any information (of what specifically has worked for people in the past with my setup) or troubleshooting (possibly using the same versions of Nero or Alcohol 120% that I have) would be greatly appreciated. Right now I've spent $50+ on a modchip and $30 on a variety of new discs without anything to show for it.

Thanks!

Edited by rthoma4, 08 April 2007 - 04:36 AM.

#2 spiffyville

spiffyville

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Working on the physics behind wingless flight for humans. Slow going so far.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

What the file structure of the ISO your making look like? Will the drive boot xbox games, just not the evox dashboard?

In the future you might consider an autoinstaller, such as slayers.

Edited by spiffyville, 08 April 2007 - 08:12 AM.

#3 rthoma4

rthoma4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

The file structure is as follows:

Bios (Folder)
Skins (Folder)
Trainers (Folder)
0dummy.txt
default.xbe
evox.ini
readme.txt
EvolutionX Build 3921 (MSInfo Document)

I have fooled around with deleting the MSInfo Doc and the Bios and Trainers folders (I already have a bios and I want to keep the skins) but with no luck. Spiffyville, does this answer your question on file structure?

It will load XBox games without any problems...just no dashboard.

I have considered an autoinstaller but haven't looked too much into it to determine advantages/disadvantages, etc. Is this an autoinstaller for Evolution X or is it another dashboard? If it's another dashboard, can I FTP into my XBox after that's installed and put Evolution X onto it?

Any other ideas out there from anyone?

Thanks

Edited by rthoma4, 08 April 2007 - 01:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users