• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kiel27

Kiel27

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:getting my Xbox off the disabled list from its six month stint!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:24 AM

OK this may be vary basic but i just no longer feel like googling various outside forums to a question that is hard enough to pose in a few words...

ok, in XBMC i tried to go check out if a new video i flashed over was working, but when i select the video tab in the main XBMC menu all that comes up is a black\blank screen... its not frozen or anything cuz when i move the dpad it makes the clicker noises and i can also back out to the XBMC main tab menu from it... its as if the image\graphic for the video page didnt load or something, wondered if anyone else had this problem...

Prob #2: thought id just bypass that for now and checkout the video through XBMP and the video happens to be an AVI, ive seen abunch of stuff about XBMP not playing the video for certain reasons, but the scenarios granted and the errors referenced dont match, the sounds plays perfectly fine but there is no picture (video) playing on the screen... kinda like when you play certain video files on windows media player right after you install windows without any updates...

... like i said these problems are perhaps simple and silly but when i tried googling them (even using xbmc.com forum search) at least the wording i was using wasnt bringing up any apt results... so thanks for putting up with me.

#2 cobrin

cobrin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Kiel27 @ Apr 9 2007, 06:31 AM) View Post

ok, in XBMC i tried to go check out if a new video i flashed over was working, but when i select the video tab in the main XBMC menu all that comes up is a black\blank screen... its not frozen or anything cuz when i move the dpad it makes the clicker noises and i can also back out to the XBMC main tab menu from it... its as if the image\graphic for the video page didnt load or something, wondered if anyone else had this problem...

Ok this ones easy. Go into the video section from the main screen of xbmc.

Highlight "Video" and press the white button and choose "edit source"

Check to make sure the location is correct. That is My xbox was looking for a folder on F drive called video when in fact i had a folder called Videos.

Select to correct one and re-check.

Done.........hope it helps

QUOTE(Kiel27 @ Apr 9 2007, 06:31 AM) View Post

Prob #2: thought id just bypass that for now and checkout the video through XBMP and the video happens to be an AVI, ive seen abunch of stuff about XBMP not playing the video for certain reasons, but the scenarios granted and the errors referenced dont match, the sounds plays perfectly fine but there is no picture (video) playing on the screen... kinda like when you play certain video files on windows media player right after you install windows without any updates...

Man I haven't used xbmp in some 4 years............

There are better alternatives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users