4 replies to this topic

#1 Calley

Calley

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

A bud of mine started having this Problem on Saturday night while his kid was engrossed in Bionicle Heroes. The DVD Drive started making a noise "Like a rock in a garbage Disposal". He jumped out to the Dashboard immediately, ejected the disc and examined it for scratches and found none, then tried to close the DVD Drive. It would not stay closed....ejecting by itself after about 2 seconds even after rebooting......

It is a Non Modded Unit.........has anyone heard of this type problem before?
Thanks

#2 blademaster591

blademaster591

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:05 AM

It's possible that something's stuck in there, which is blocking the drive from making it into its bay all of the way. That would also account for the noise.

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

Look in there and see if the magnet from the spindle motor is stuck on the top half part of the spindle.

#4 89c4l98

89c4l98

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Calley @ Apr 10 2007, 05:47 PM) View Post

AIt is a Non Modded Unit.........has anyone heard of this type problem before?

I would say a a piece of something broke off in the dvd drive or something got jammed in there with the disc... ( kids small plastic toys etc)

Since it's non mod call 1-800-4-myxbox and get it fixed under warranty... if not buy a dvd drive from b/s/t or ebay and fix it with swapping the dvd key

#5 martymarr

martymarr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(Calley @ Apr 10 2007, 05:17 PM) View Post

A bud of mine started having this Problem on Saturday night while his kid was engrossed in Bionicle Heroes. The DVD Drive started making a noise "Like a rock in a garbage Disposal". He jumped out to the Dashboard immediately, ejected the disc and examined it for scratches and found none, then tried to close the DVD Drive. It would not stay closed....ejecting by itself after about 2 seconds even after rebooting......

It is a Non Modded Unit.........has anyone heard of this type problem before?
Thanks

im having the same problem, but mine is modded, but i can get on xbox live and play demos fine, just the drive keep ejecting, did anyone find the solution to the problem yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users