tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

Three packs of three songs each @ 500 points a pop......................WOW a little on the expensive side! 6 songs for 1000 points or Boom Boom Rocket (also released today) for 800........... i think the answer is pretty easy! I will be purchasing the 3rd pack though, i love all 3 songs and i got 1600 free points with my GH2 from CC!

GH II: Song Packs (3 of 'em)
Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 1
Price: 500 Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Details: Bark at the Moon as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne, Hey You as made famous by The Exies, Ace of Spades as made famous by Motorhead, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 2
Dash Details: Killer Queen as made famous by Queen, Take it Off as made famous by The Donnas, Frankenstein as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 3
Dash Details: Higher Ground as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Infected as made famous by Bad Religon, Stellar as made famous by Incubus, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

http://www.gamingbit...nt/view/1945/2/

The first Guitar Hero II downloadable game content is now available from the Xbox 360 Live Marketplace. The tracks released are the same tracks from PS2's Guitar Hero 1 release, which of course begs for comparison in pricing. Let's just say if you thought digital distribution would save you a few bucks, it won't.

If you break it down, there are 47 tracks in the Guitar Hero 1 release for the PS2, which retails for about $40 currently. That's about .85 cents a track. Each Track Pack is available for 500 Microsoft Points ($6.25) on the Xbox 360, which includes three tracks. That's about $2.08 a track on the Xbox 360. And to put it into perspective, if it keeps at this rate, that means Guitar Hero 1 on the Xbox 360 will cost you $97.76. While future track releases and pricing has yet to be announced, it will surely be judged according to the response on these purchases. Put your MS points where your mouth is, 360 gamers.

like you said, that is pretty steep. for now, i'm enjoying the songs on GH2, and am pretty dissapointed that i get the feeling i'm probably going to end up getting the overpriced songpack with stellar

#3 capninsano

capninsano

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

A lot of people are pissed. I for one am not paying for those songs. Only Metallica and AC/DC will get me to purchase songs for over $2 a pop. From what I'm reading on various message boards most people aren't buying these packs. So hopefully that will have some power and go a ways to reduce the price.

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

wow... 500pts?

hmmm... maybe if you could pick five songs from an archive for 500pts...

#5 pr0j3ctxb0x

pr0j3ctxb0x

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

i bought all 3 packs and im loving em. I dont mind paying for other ppls hard work.

#6 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:20 AM

on second though, and i thought this basically after the first post i did here just never bothered posting it...

the makers of the game had to redo the entire song and set the game to it... maybe now it seems more worth it... wink.gif

#7 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jun 10 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post

on second though, and i thought this basically after the first post i did here just never bothered posting it...

the makers of the game had to redo the entire song and set the game to it... maybe now it seems more worth it... wink.gif

its not just a straight up port of the songs from the ps2 version? i know the ps2 version had a midi file that contained the note information, and also, the separate audio tracks should already exist. (unless i'm misunderstanding what you meant by the game makers having to redo the entire song)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users