dmanjohn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:55 AM

I flashed my firmware and everything is working fine except when i try to get windows to see it, it doesn't. I flashed it with textbooks tut and i have burned the Enable0800.iso to a dvd+r DL but when i connect my drive to my computer and put the enable0800 disc in and let it read it seems to be ok but when i start up my computer, my computer freezes at the windows XP logo. my question is what could be going wrong?

#2 mr-blonde

mr-blonde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:53 AM

if your using a Enable0800.iso you must have a samsung drive right?
you will not get a sammy to show in windows and i dont know why you would want to.
sammys are flashed in DOS for this reason Hitachi drives will show in windows once in modeb

#3 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Are you using a USB Flash Drive loaded with the hacked FW (created in XBM) ?
As the guy above pointed - Windows does not see Samsung drives. Boot up using USB Flash Drive (or Floppy, if you trust them), and let it boot into DOS.

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

I don't know what the last 2 posters are on about laugh.gif

He is trying to boot into windows to backup his games, you guys should know this. dry.gif

Not sure what you can try though, maybe try to change some bios settings. Ejecting the drive when windows freezes works for Hitachi, but not sure if it would work on Samsung, but you could try. If not then you may have to use another PC.

Also I assume your enalbe0800 disc is correct as windows sees the drive (that's why it freezes), so I doubt your enable0800 disc could be wrong. wink.gif

#5 dmanjohn

dmanjohn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

I think you people misunderstood me i already have the drive flashed with xtreme5.5a and I'm positive that it is working because i still can play my originals and my movies so the drive is working fine i just have a problem with getting my xbox 360 dvd drive which is a samsung to be detected in windows. I have the enable0800.iso burned to a dvd+r dl and im sure its not the media since my buddy uses the same media. all i want to know is why is it freezing when i try to get it detected in windows?

EDIT: cerealkillajme thanks for the advice ill try that now smile.gif

Edited by dmanjohn, 12 April 2007 - 02:57 PM.

#6 dmanjohn

dmanjohn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:23 PM

Ok i just tried what you told me but when it freezes or the window xp logo screen the computer and the 360 freeze up like the 360 wont eject the drive at all i have to shut it down for it to eject the drive but the computer is still frozen im pretty sure its the computer so im going to try a different one

#7 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

I would try updating the BIOS in your computer. This should help solve the problem.

#8 dmanjohn

dmanjohn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:09 PM

i just finished updating my bios and that still doesn't work so im either going to have to install all of the necessary on another computer or ill just try to find one of the samsung drive that are flashed with keron firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users