1 reply to this topic

#1 Drafter

Drafter

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:27 AM

Im new so i may not be wording it properly, sorry.

But i just got an xbox from a friend, and he thought it was chipped.

after opening the case, i realized its not chipped. No my worry is, that i will not be able to get a bigger hard drive and back up all my games because i do not have a chip.

But i do know the xbox boots up with an old version, i believe V0.49.1 or somthing like that, of Avalaunch.

and he told me that he could load one or two, depending on the size, games on there and play them without the disc in the drive afterward.

so my question is, does this sound like a soft mod? or was my original xbox chip flashed, or what?

And secondly, i dont think i can get Avalaunch anymore, i looked and i think it comes only installed on certain chips. So my second question is, do you think, from what ive told you, that Slayer 2.7 would work on my machine?

#2 cobrin

cobrin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

Yes you can get Avalaunch, its only a dashboard like xbmc or evox. Yes Slayers 2.7 will work on your machine.

Having said that, only if its a xbox version 1 to 1.5.... also not knowing the chip type I wouldnt flash it using the disc I'd format the HDD and update the dashboard and apps. Get the type of chip sorted out and decide from there...

I prefer slayers 2.6 and update the apps myself

Backup E folder UDATA thats where the game saves are, using ftp software to your PC. Then copy them back after thr format of the new (large)HDD

I hope it helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users