Photo

Tutorial - Guide On How To Connect To Xbox Live(troubleshoot)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wh00pass

wh00pass

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:52 AM

xbox network guide on how to troubleshoot
conection to xbox live

Note:this tutorial im making has to do with cloning the mac address from your computer network connection to your xbox.
It worked for me and i dont know if this isnt the best way to do it, but it should be alright. you can always
undo the settings . Hope this helps you out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

For all you people out their that cant connect to xbox live this might help. If you are using a router or modem and you still cant figure out how to connect to xbox live, you have come to the right place.
This maybe because the mac address in your modem/router isnt dishing out the DHCP or DNS servers to your xbox,So were gonna fix that... on we go

requirred things
-xbox(DUH)
-modem/or router
-ISP
-long network cables

1.) okey 1st connect your network cable to your xbox and plug the other end into your router.

2.)Try and connect to xbox live again, If it fails, read on.

3.)This might mean the xbox mac address isnt excepting the DHCP and DNS servers be. due to the wrong mac address your router has.
go ahead and go to xbox settings at the main part of the dash, go to network settings. and you should see
the network menu screen, next go to settings and then go to the advanced tab, you should see the mac address slot, leave your xbox as it is and we will come back later to it.

4.)Okey now we wanna find our mac address inside our router, SO go to start, run, and type in cmd.(command prompt). Then enter the command "ipconfig /all" without quotes make sure you put a space
you should see all your current network info. the pic below should look like the screen you see, and it points out the mac address, it should be in 00-00-00-00-00-00 way

IPB Image

5.) now write down the mac address down and head over to your xbox at the network screen. and pounch in the mac address you saw on your computer, save the settings and try to connect to xbox live. if it doesnt work still turn off all your internet devices(modem/router) and wait a minute. plug them back in from order from the wall jack to the pc or xbox, or manually enter your ip settings. now try to connect again and if it doesnt work, your xbox is broken or something didnt quite go in,

If all went will... congrats you finally can play xbox live!!!

Im only 14 and if im doing something thats bugging or not right to you just tell me.

#2 MeanMF

MeanMF

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

Um, no.

#3 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:48 AM

If you have a router you shouldn't have to do any of that.

Sounds to me like you just needed a power cycle smile.gif

At 14 though it's good you're getting a start into networking, I started as an XBConnect Operator at that age.

You wouldn't ever really need to do what you're doing unless you have to specifically specify connection settings.

Comcast doesn't deny multiple MAC addy's so that's not an issue and if you have a router it appears as one MAC address in any case.

I believe I had to specify settings back in the day when I used a hub. The only real situation cloning the MAC onto another piece of hardware is beneficial is like on a college campus - I work IT at my college and know we block any secondary MAC addresses on a port within 5 mins.

You unplug your pc (MAC addy 1)
Plug in Xbox (MAC addy 2)

Port sees a 2nd new mac address within a period of less than 5 mins of losing the other and denies access to the xbox. Cloning the MAC solves that.

#4 wh00pass

wh00pass

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

Thanks man, No serously i could not get my xbox to connect, i had a router and it said my dhcp servers werent be detected, so i just coned my mac address and it worked, thats why i made this tut for fun, It probley aintthe best why though

#5 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

I gotca, something to help you out since you'll be goign to high school shortly, see if your school has a Cisco Networking Class - you'll learn more than you'll ever need to know about networking haha

#6 danno g

danno g

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

wen i try set up xbox live i kepp failing on the IP address sad.gif (it says 'failed' grr.gif ) how can i change this and pass the test?

can sum1 help me plz biggrin.gif

#7 p14gue

p14gue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE(danno g @ Oct 26 2007, 03:32 AM) View Post

wen i try set up xbox live i kepp failing on the IP address sad.gif (it says 'failed' grr.gif ) how can i change this and pass the test?

can sum1 help me plz biggrin.gif

put Ultimate Spider-Man in and when it says loading just press the eject button.... thats what i did and it tok me to the xbox live menu...... after ur there go to settings and change ur ip address thingy to AUTOMATIC then try connecting..... thats what i did and it connected

#8 Ironaulie

Ironaulie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I just assigned a static ip address in my router admin software with the xbox 360's mac address, then mirrored those settings in my xbox dashboard. Essentially you want to make sure there is NO conflict between your xbox IP address and any other wireless devices you have running.

This site has good information relating to connecting your xbox 360 to xbox live wirelessly with laptop or modified router and improving xbox live NAT rating:

How to connect to xbox live wirelessly

#9 1988

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hi guys, iv been trying this solution to try and get myself hooked up to Live but everytime i put the command into the run bar, i got an error saying 'couldnt find cmd.ipconfig/all iv tried leaving a space like it was said but still cant get it right? Also when I try to connect my Xbox to Live, i get the error message that my DNS server cannot find the Live servers or Xbox.com? Can anybody please help me out im really stuck and id be so grateful cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users