3 replies to this topic

#1 Kraljsunca

Kraljsunca

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

Yo

I´ve got an Xbox 1 with no Mod chips inside. Its a brand new Console. For my little Project i need a Dashboard wich is under Version 1.00.5659.0.

Few Questions:
How can i downgrade my Xbox Dashboard to an older version than 1.00.5659.0.?

thx a lot

#2 figer

figer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

i have the same question as he does... i have a backed up older dash and i want to install it so that i can use mechinstaller to get linux on my xbox

i have a 1.0 box with kernal:4034 and dash:5960

i have attempted the hot swap method (with no luck on widows and ubuntu) because all the guides are incomplete or they seem to assume that i know things that i don't or I'm dumb.

so i guess my question is... is there a guide that i might not have found that can explain exactly how to do the hot swap (or any other method) and transfer dash files to the xbox hard drive complete with (unbroken) links to software that i might need to use?

P.S. I'm not asking for dash files so i hope this post is allowed.

#3 figer

figer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:06 AM

well i downgraded my dash with the knowledge from

http://forums.xbox-s.../t332179-0.html

but instead of using an exploit like the guide says i used the dash files. so now i have dash 4920 but emergency linux still freezes when i try to activate it.

#4 bottlerocket

bottlerocket

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

The easiest way would be using a program called xboxhdm. I would use a xbox eeprom reader to extract the eeprom.bin file from the motherboard and use it with xboxhdm to unlock and relock the hdd. You usually can buy the xbox eeprom reader off ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users