3 replies to this topic

#1 stickman00

stickman00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:18 AM

Im having trouble with my modded xbox, it has a DuoX2 modchip and a 300GB hdd

When i turn it on wit da eject button everything runs normally and it boots into ms dash like its supposed too.
But when i boot using da power button its meant to come up with a red triangle with evox on it in the top left corner and go into xbmc, it doesn't do this though and goes into the ms dash

The guy i got it from said it might do that ocasioanlly and might b due to chip still holding charge and could be fixed by unplugging from power and leaving for 5 mins or even a moderate tap on the left of the xbox.
Now a couple months l8r it duz it 90% of da time and can sumtimz be fixd by pressing on the lft of the xbox but usually cannot Also when it does work the reset when running game from hdd causes a black screen (L + R + click L/R thumsticks) and sumtimes when attemtping to open a game from hdd it shows a black screen too.

Is it the software/hardware? do i need a new modchip? any1 know wat the problem is and how to fix?

dont know much myself - bought xbox pre-moded, any help is greatly appreciated

#2 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:32 AM

Open it up and check the BT wire going from the modchip to the back of the p/e board. More detailed, look at the spot on the chip that says "bt". If there is no wire going from this, then that would explain everything. If there is, follow it and it should go here: IPB Image
That is a pic of the power/eject board, looking at it from inside the case ^

or it may go underneath the motherboard. Check that the wire is soldered correctly both on the chip and wherever the wire leads.

Edited by blame canada, 15 April 2007 - 03:33 AM.

#3 stickman00

stickman00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

thnx 4 help . . . duz that mean it duznt hav anyting 2 do with charge in the chip and the chip isnt faulty - just soldering?

#4 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

Yea, its probably that that BT wire is just soldered crappy or even non-existent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users