edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

I just made it to the top of the Agency Tower and got the High Flyer achievement. It was tricky! Have any of you other people made it all the way to the top?

#2 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

jump off into the water for another.

4 or so of the agility races require you to climb it again..it's a pain in the ass.

#3 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(grim_d @ Apr 15 2007, 02:27 PM) View Post

jump off into the water for another.

Aw darn, first time I tried, I missed and hit concrete. I guess I'm going back up! sleep.gif

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Apr 16 2007, 01:33 AM) View Post

Aw darn, first time I tried, I missed and hit concrete. I guess I'm going back up! sleep.gif

haha yeah its tight.

#5 j3y q

j3y q

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:45 AM

yeah the building is tricky to get up but fun to jump down do anyof you others guys get a funny feeling when jumping form ghigh places it always feels like im actlly doing it.

#6 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

That was a fun achievement, I got it with only 3 stars (I had help of a buddy though). I didn't realise there was the small pond you could jump in to get the achievement so I jumped all the way out into the big ocean type thing from the top of the tower.

#7 tyga

tyga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Apr 16 2007, 02:02 AM) View Post

I made it up there also (too 3 tries) and I also jumped in the water (on my first try).

Don't try to jump in the ocean if you look closely you'll see a tiny bit of water flowing under a small bridge into a tiny "pool" jump in there. smile.gif

that one was free lol

#8 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:25 AM

I just snagged my third Agility star today, and I'm going to try and climb the Tower tomorrow.

Aside from High Flyer and Base Jumper, you can also get Shot Putter up there. There's a light bulb you can shoot down and then chuck off the roof for the achievement.

I found a YouTube vid of some guy doing it with two stars... wasted a half hour trying to replicate it, and failed sad.gif.

I need to get my 4th Driving star and climb it in the SUV. biggrin.gif

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(47_M450N_47 @ May 10 2007, 02:26 PM) View Post

That was a fun achievement, I got it with only 3 stars (I had help of a buddy though). I didn't realise there was the small pond you could jump in to get the achievement so I jumped all the way out into the big ocean type thing from the top of the tower.

QUOTE(greenday54261 @ May 14 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post

I just snagged my third Agility star today, and I'm going to try and climb the Tower tomorrow.

Aside from High Flyer and Base Jumper, you can also get Shot Putter up there. There's a light bulb you can shoot down and then chuck off the roof for the achievement.

yeah I couldn't do it with only 2 stars... I got as far as the point where you need to jump from one tower to the other... I just didn't make it laugh.gif

jumping out into the water I shot for the little pool but my left leg caught a rock just under the surface and that killed me... guess I'll climb it again.

For the shotputter I just grabbed a dead body and climbed on top of a bridge, jumped and threw it +10G happy.gif

#10 anton2015

anton2015

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Got up there on the second try and jumped into the ocean on the first try. You gotta be on the tallest tower, i aimed at the pool but ended up flying to the ocean (4 stars)

I wanted to trow something off but couldent find any objects sad.gif

Also to the guy who said it feels like ur doing the jump for real, i get that too, a lil adranaline rush, guess ots my fear of heights tongue.gif

#11 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:28 PM

you think thats high you should check out Just Cause and take a choppe up above the clouds and jump out! that is awsome!

Edited by hamwbone, 29 May 2007 - 09:38 PM.

#12 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

ugh... for the rooftop race achievements you'll need to get to the top of the tower 4 more times (3 for the rooftop races starting on the ground level around the tower and once more for the "goin' home" race that starts on the Los Muertos island).

after those I was a frigging pro at getting to the top of the tower... I can probably do it in under 2 minutes at this point. and despite the fact that I have 4 star agility I bet I could do it with 2 stars knowing what I know now.

#13 CKwik240

CKwik240

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:35 AM

I made it up with 3 stars the first time only to realize I can't get the orb at the top. I went back up to get the orb later when I had 4 stars and it wasn't nearly as frightening. The extra jump height makes it easier to see and adjust what you are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users