PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Analysts Predict PS3 Price Drop
Posted by XanTium | 16-4-2007 10:54 EST

From next-gen.bi:

Despite reports that Sony may soon release encouraging profit forecasts, analysts are predicting a PlayStation 3 price cut before the end of the year.

According to a report based on findings printed in Japan's Nikkei newspaper, researchers from leading Japanese investment firm Nomura stated, "We think Sony will find it hard to get through the financial year without cutting the price of the console, and expect further game segment losses of over $1 billion during that period."

Nomura estimates that Sony has shifted half of the 6 million PS3s manufactured to date, and that along with a price cut, software releases are key to extending PS3s market reach.

Full Story: next-gen.bi

#2 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

How many times have we heard this again?

Sony is in a lose-lose situation here - they lose install base compared to the competition if they don't lower their price, but they lose even more money than they already are if they lower the price on the console.

I don't see any way Sony is going to pull out of this tailspin anytime soon - unless they finally release some killer games for the console (which won't happen for a year, a year and a half, maybe - except for NG:S)

Edited by epsilon72, 16 April 2007 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users