Jordan_Hounsell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Xbox, Hockey, & Biking
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

I made a backup of a game i own and when i tried to play it in my 360 it said the xbox 360 needs to update to be able to play this game. I updated it and it restarted my 360 and now i get E 66 everytime i turn it on. Will reflashing the drive with the same hacked bios fix the solution? if so do i use the same method as before?

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

E66 usually means the DVD drive isn't the correct version. Have you replaced the drive with a new one?

#3 Jordan_Hounsell

Jordan_Hounsell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

nope same drive.... the update changed it somehow... i was thinking it reflashed my firmware or somethin

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Are you running an old FW version? if so update it, flash back to your original FW first and check it though.

Edited by RDC, 16 April 2007 - 08:49 PM.

#5 Jordan_Hounsell

Jordan_Hounsell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

im using xtreme 33. im using this because it comes as a bin file when i download it and it is compatable with the xtreme boot maker tool used in textbooks tutorial. The newer firmware versions have an a b c d slapped on them and they come in .rar format and i dotn know wut to do with it

also i dont know how to flash back to my old firmware... i have a backup of orig.bin, so im guessing its just a different command? I used samread and samhack the first time i did it

#6 Jordan_Hounsell

Jordan_Hounsell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

Can i rename my orig.bin file on my flash disk to hacked.bin so that when i type samhack in dos it will actually flash my orig.bin file instead?

#7 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

Man, no real excuse for not knowing how to use an archiving program, WinRar, WinZip ect. Google it. It's just a compressed file and you have to extract it before you can use it. Since you're using that old a version that's why you got the E66. Get the 5.2a FW and follow the instructions it comes with and use your orig.bin to make a new FW fom the 5.2a and reflash it with that, should be good to go afterwards.

#8 Jordan_Hounsell

Jordan_Hounsell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

lol. I know what a .rar file is and what to do with it, its just when i extracted the files before there was no specific .bin file included and i didnt know what to do. however, now that ive had a closer look at the readme file i can see how to create the .bin file im looking for. Im going to flash it using the "mtkflash w /m x52a.bin" command. I hope this will fix my E66. Thanks for all your help, I really apreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users