warius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

Let me start off this post by explaining a few things so I don't step on any toes. I am very fond of MC360 and I consider it to be the most complete skin today along with PM3, and I use it much due to the customization options. Also I have noe idea on how to create / modify a skin so I don't know if my suggestion is doable.

Anyway here goes:

Lately I've been trying out some of the new, great skins that's been popping up on this forum. Some of them, like Vision have a great advantage in comparison to MC360: They utilize more (almost whole) of the screen for displaying the media (icons).

This gave me the idea to check with you modders to see if it's possible to remove the left side options (view, sort etc). I don't know how you would replace the functionality of this side panel, either have it as another dialog, or make it fade in/out by pressing a button or something. This would free up a lot more space and make several view options a lot more attractive to use, especially Big Icons. I'm using a 42" tv and I can only see 6 Big Icons at a time, which makes the navigation a bit annoying:

IPB Image

I understand that MC360 is intended to replicate the dash from Xbox 360, but I think this would make the skin a lot more userfriendly and free up alot of dead space.

What do you think, is this possible?

Edited by warius, 17 April 2007 - 03:33 PM.

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

But it would ruin the overall 360 Reproduction look. MC360 won't adopt this idea, although its a vaild one, its not right for the skin.

#3 warius

warius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

Yes, I never would have exptected the official skin to adopt this, I was merely trying to inspire the modders for a 'remix' version or something like that smile.gif

Should I take it from the lack of responses that this rewrite is too substantial, or just that no one cosigns on this being a good idea?

#4 RideAvenger3486

RideAvenger3486

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

This was something that i could agree with. I would love to be able to maybe see 5 icons wide, but regular size....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users