happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

I have been trying to extract the track textures from the track files but I can never figure out the resolution for them... I can extract them, I know what files are what after I decompressed the archive, but I can't find out what res they are suppose to be, So they come out all scattered until I get the res right... But they are there though. Is that in another file, The resolutions I mean, in the track folder or not. Or has anyone at all even opened up these files and tried?...

#2 punge

punge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(happykillmore @ Apr 18 2007, 08:36 AM) View Post

I have been trying to extract the track textures from the track files but I can never figure out the resolution for them... I can extract them, I know what files are what after I decompressed the archive, but I can't find out what res they are suppose to be, So they come out all scattered until I get the res right... But they are there though. Is that in another file, The resolutions I mean, in the track folder or not. Or has anyone at all even opened up these files and tried?...

I can imagine where you're going with this. I would love to see you do it too! Good luck on that.

#3 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Look forward to an extracter some time during the summer...

#4 gh0st469

gh0st469

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

Awsome! smile.gif

#5 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

I won't have a repacker. But that will be shortly after... I just don't have the time to make it.

#6 punge

punge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

Good luck w/these projects again.

#7 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

Bah... I thought I had them on my flash drive but I was wrong. Next week I will post some pictures of what exactly can be extracted from the .xb2 file. I will also try to have some examples of what they will look like in the game, but some of the images have mip maps. Which is a HUGE pain in the ass to figure out. Plus the image hex looks different than the original, but hopefully it will still work. The hex looked different When I modified the treadmark.xpr and it still works. Image not found... LAWL! I'll bring pics of that too. Ahh, an animated .gif sounds good.

#8 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:03 PM

IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image

#9 punge

punge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

Judging from the pictures, is that the test track oval?

#10 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

Yep biggrin.gif

I believe the track texture I posted is part of the bend. When you look at the track in the game, the bend looks similiar to that picture. I think there are 5 separate textures for the track itself.

#11 OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hi-Res texture Forza eh?

I can see the improvement mods to be made in the wake of your extractor / inserter once you complete it.

It kind of reminds me of the PC based Morrowind texture replacement packs which the ugly default landscaping textures were replaced with higher quality realistic ones.

Just having improved textures would make a massive improvement to the games already impressive visuals.

#12 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:22 AM

Dude I gave up on this. The resolution problem was a total bitch. I never was able to figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users