• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Biohazard420

Biohazard420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

well i have a soft modded console and it says in the config file that the path is E:\Emulators\xsnes9x\roms but when i put all the games there they dont show up in the emulators list. Is there some type of backup config file in my tdata or u data folder? If not how do i fix it so the games will show up and i can play them?

#2 hargle

hargle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(Biohazard420 @ Apr 18 2007, 05:14 PM) View Post

well i have a soft modded console and it says in the config file that the path is E:\Emulators\xsnes9x\roms but when i put all the games there they dont show up in the emulators list. Is there some type of backup config file in my tdata or u data folder? If not how do i fix it so the games will show up and i can play them?

Since no one else has helped, I'll try. (it ain't much so don't get your hopes up)

There probably is a .ini file in your TDATA/UDATA folders. You could go into the MS dashboard and poke around and try to find it and delete it from there. Xport's emulators copy the ini file to their cache folder as well, but xport's got a "force re-load of .ini" type option in his menus. Dunno if xsnesx has a similar feature.

I'd suggest using zsnesxbox emulator though, to at least get in step with the majority of users here.

#3 BonusJz

BonusJz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

I use xsnes9x v1.42 Wip (17 june 2004) and there is file called "config.ini" (in the same folder as default.xbe) where you can edit path for roms/previews/saves.

#4 rubbercarp

rubbercarp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

At this point, most people are using Zsnesxbox I would imagine.

#5 althena

althena

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Videogames (from the good old 8Bit-Times up to now), Mangas, Animes, Cinema, meeting friends, sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

Here is my config.ini:

CODE
ROMPATH=f:\Roms\Super Nintendo\
PREVIEWPATH=d:\Previews\
MEDIAPATH=d:\Media\Music\

I think you maybe forgot the last backslash, so try E:\Emulators\xsnes9x\roms\ instead of E:\Emulators\xsnes9x\roms. Also if you use a folder in the directory of xSnes9x where the default.xbe is, you can just use the default entry there (should be d:\roms\).

QUOTE(rubbercarp @ Apr 19 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

At this point, most people are using Zsnesxbox I would imagine.

If you just want to have one SNES emulator on your Xbox, I also would recommend ZsnexBox but I think it can't hurt to have them both as there are still some games only xSnes9x can run as for example some cool BS-X games (the BS-X satellite modem add on for the SNES in Japan). As you can edit in both emulators the rompath it is no problem to let them both share the same rom folder. For exampla I have all my emulators on E: and all my roms on F: and ZsnexBox and xSnes9x both have the same rompath.

#6 SlasherX

SlasherX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:34 AM

I agree. XSNES9x has some games that only work with that emulator (No GFX issues in War of the Gems for example). It feels better at times as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users