nige182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:06 AM

I thought I would check with the latest 1.04 release before posting. If you go to set custom wallpapers and choose to select a pack, it comes up with an error message and all the backgrounds are set to the same thing (a dark image of some sort) BUT if you select individual wallpapers it works fine. Anyone else notice this?

#2 nige182

nige182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:25 PM

I have just updated to the latest T3CH build and the latest SVN MC360 today and I still get this issue, am I alone on this or is anyone else experiencing this problem? Can't really imagine why it would work one way but not the other.

#3 seadolph

seadolph

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(seadolph @ May 16 2007, 05:05 PM) View Post

Finally I installed a fresh copy of XBMC-SVN_2007-05-14_rev8943-T3CH and also a fresh one for MC3601.04aforXBMC-Rev669-20April2007 in a brand new Xbox1 and I got the same error. Nige182 posted an special theme for this at Wallpapers Pack Problem,
so I guess that's better to develop this subject right there.

Jezz_X as you said that it worked for you, it would be a good idea to receive your feedback if you have the time and the patience.

Regards...Dolph.

Guys, I had included this topic in another post, but I guess that this is the right place to continue it finally I noticed that I am not the only one with this problem.

#4 nige182

nige182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

Just thought I would add after reading that other thread that I always do a clean install. Also it can tell the images are there as it notices that there is no login picture, but it still loads the funny black backgrounds.

I could possibly do a short video of what I mean with the camera on my phone.

#5 nige182

nige182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

I've made the video, was going to change format but didn't get round to it, is an MP4 but will change if needed. Can one of the team please at least tell me if this is isolated to seadolph and me or if this affects them too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7NBL9CT

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(nige182 @ May 19 2007, 10:04 PM) View Post

I've made the video, was going to change format but didn't get round to it, is an MP4 but will change if needed. Can one of the team please at least tell me if this is isolated to seadolph and me or if this affects them too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7NBL9CT

download limit exceded but like I told seroph it works fine for me

#7 seadolph

seadolph

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:13 AM

nige182: I also had the same problem to download your file.

Jezz_X: Please tell us the versions/revisions that you used, because even in a fresh installation in a brand new console I got the same error with the versions/revisions that I listed above.

Rest of the people: Could you tell us if you are experiencing the same problem?

#8 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:53 AM

I never really use Wallpaper packs anymore, but I went ahead and checked it out to see what happened for me, and I too get the missing texture dealio, completely black. When I select "Remove all Wallpapers" the normal textures come back. I of course have the latest SVN of MC360 as well as a very new build of XBMC (compiled it yesterday), and I always do fully clean installations.

By the way, nige182's link worked fine for me, i downloaded the video no problem

Edited by timdog82001, 20 May 2007 - 07:57 AM.

#9 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

I run the latest of everthing always but I also didn't have the problem when I was using a build before the current t3ch

#10 seadolph

seadolph

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Okay, so far 3 persons have reported this issue that loads a "naked" skin by loading the whole pack.

Jezz_X: My assumption is that something changed in MC360, because I ran a previos version (1.04 WITHOUT "a") with the latest XBMC revision, at it worked fine.
I would appreciate if you upload one of your packs in order that we can try these in our consoles (I use images that don't top on 720 x 480 px and always renaming these as wallpaper-games/guidepanel/kai/login/media/system; All my images are .jpg, I don't know, maybe the way to rename each image has changed, the size range has changed or it's just supporting png images, for that reasons it would be a good idea to try with one of your packs, just to discover the reason)

#11 kurse76

kurse76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

i'd just like to add that im getting this error as well,any fix at all?

#12 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:18 AM

Its probably a python script error or somthing I'll see if I can poke donno into having a look at it

#13 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

I've had the problem too. I'm not sure when it started, but the last version of MC360 that I have and it worked was before MC360 v1. I dont know what happened the only thing in setwallpaperpacks.py that was different was the the login was added. So i tried the old one from pre MC360 v1 in the lastest build i have and it didnt work. So it maybe something in XBMC I dont know.

I did get it to work though by editing setwallpaperpacks.py. If you open it up youll find a line like this "alldir = "%s\\wallpaper-all.png" % (dir)" i took out the "\\". Two lines down theres this "doAll(dir)" i changed to this "doAll(alldir)" Then down some more youll find 3 lines
dire = "%s\\wallpaper-%s.png" % (mypath,ttype)
dire2 = "%s\\wallpaper-%s.jpg" % (mypath,ttype)
dir_gif = "%s\\wallpaper-%s.gif" % (mypath,ttype)
once again i took out the "\\". After that it worked for me. I've uploaded a file HERE if anyone wants it.

PS its in a rar so unrar it first then place it in your MC360/extras folder

Edited by ventline, 06 June 2007 - 09:29 AM.

#14 big deez 916

big deez 916

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:59 AM

Thanks alot ventline I just ftp'd it and it works perfect!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by big deez 916, 14 June 2007 - 05:59 AM.

#15 seadolph

seadolph

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(ventline @ Jun 6 2007, 03:56 AM) View Post

I've had the problem too. I'm not sure when it started, but the last version of MC360 that I have and it worked was before MC360 v1. I dont know what happened the only thing in setwallpaperpacks.py that was different was the the login was added. So i tried the old one from pre MC360 v1 in the lastest build i have and it didnt work. So it maybe something in XBMC I dont know.

I did get it to work though by editing setwallpaperpacks.py. If you open it up youll find a line like this "alldir = "%s\\wallpaper-all.png" % (dir)" i took out the "\\". Two lines down theres this "doAll(dir)" i changed to this "doAll(alldir)" Then down some more youll find 3 lines
dire = "%s\\wallpaper-%s.png" % (mypath,ttype)
dire2 = "%s\\wallpaper-%s.jpg" % (mypath,ttype)
dir_gif = "%s\\wallpaper-%s.gif" % (mypath,ttype)
once again i took out the "\\". After that it worked for me. I've uploaded a file HERE if anyone wants it.

PS its in a rar so unrar it first then place it in your MC360/extras folder

Ventline, you are a genious, thanks!
Jess_X: I don't know how you did load your wallpapers pack without this improvement, but If you said it, it's because it's true. Regarding Lyrics Skin, THANKS, I noted that you have dressed the Skin again, NICE JOB!
Ciao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users