#1 EGazzz

EGazzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

I realised that everyone is making a new skin so I thought that I would give it a go. I've tried to make this skin quite different from the ones that are out there, and do think that it does justice. This skin is what I call a novelty skin in that I have tried to keep it somewhat cartoony (Done mainly because of my limited photoshop skills). I have done this project myself from the Project Mayhem skin, so at this stage there are still some images from PM (hope that you guys don't mind). Also I don't use some of the screens so not sure if my coding is correct, for example Master Lock and Profiles. I know that there is still a lot of work to be done on this skin, but thought that this workable start will make for an interesting addition to the great array of available skins.

Here is a preview:
IPB Image

and here is where you can download the current skin:
http://putstuff.putf...m/70606/3252735

Hope you enjoy and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by EGazzz, 19 April 2007 - 05:44 PM.

#2 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Just tried it. Its hilarious beerchug.gif

I love how you go down to the basement for settings. I gave it a cursory run through, and it was working very well. Just some things you may want to work on.

EDIT: I'm using a 32" CRT TV and the default font appears a bit small and fuzzy in the "Settings" section.

Some navigation is a bit cryptic. For instance, in Settings, it took me a bit to figure out how to get to into Appearance, which is an important settings page since thats where you need to go for switcing skins.

In "Programs" the black font dissappears into the backgrond picture, where its shaded black.

Just some things I thought I'd point out. Otherwise, well done.

Edited by xboxbox451, 19 April 2007 - 06:37 PM.

#3 dfmos

dfmos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:10 PM

EGazzz - Looks like its a fun skin, I must give it go..
Nice one

#4 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

lol make room everyone!

this definatly looks liek a fun skin, will try it out asap smile.gif

nice work

#5 EGazzz

EGazzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

Cheers for the positive feedback. I tried to keep it quite lighthearted, so to know that you think of it as a fun skin is great.

xboxbox451 you can turn the labels on in skin settings which may make it clearer as to where to go. I have it like that as I assume that once you have navigated it a few times, I think it looks better without the labels.
Also as for the fuzziness, I still have to work on the fonts. I thought that the handwriting type font looked good, but as you say it is hard to read, and for the settings screen, probably need something clearer.
I wasn't sure how to fix the fonts fading into the background in programs, unless I went for another colour. I will play around with that as well.

#6 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

This skin is crazy! But in a good way. Though you cant read the RSS cause its a light colored roof and thats where the text scrolls. The time is also a bit off. Not centered in the rectangle its in, so you cant see the first number in the time.

Other than that, great skin.

Oh text is a bit blurry too.

But still a great skin. Fun and unique.

#7 djtoll

djtoll

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hi,

I wanted to make also times something, am however already with paint failed the area. You made that great. further so.

greez djtoll

#8 EGazzz

EGazzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

Cheers for the few more replies.

FusedOne: I know that the time is a bit out of sync, this is due to which country you have displayed. If you choose the region as U.K then it is in 24 hr time and so not stretched. I tried to have it fit both but it looks a bit funny stretched to fit U.S and Canadian time. You can change the langinfo.xml in languages to have the correct country but with a different time format to fit. Obviously this is not ideal, and if anyone knows any code to try to fix this problem without altering the langinfo.xml file it would be appreciated.
The RSS feed, I am trying to figure out what the roof tiling should be, which is why it is still not optimised.

I realise that the Music display almost doesn't go with the theme, but I couldn't think of any other display type (I guess I could have iPod but I thought that was too cliche). Likewise for the note dialogs I wanted some different ones, but couldn't think of anything else. If anyone has any ideas for display backgrounds for the screens I would appreciate them.

#9 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

Great concept, EGazzz!

#10 EGazzz

EGazzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

Ok so a bit under 4 months since I last did anything to this skin, but must admit felt that it was no comparison to the skins that were coming out. Also the constantly developing XBMC quickly eclipses my ability to keep up. Full congratulations to those that keep on top of everything, your work is amazing. love.gif

But I thought that I may as well at least post the most recent look to it. Again the screens I do not use (xkai-link and profile), I'm not sure whether they work at all, but should although may look a little untidy.

There are probably a lot of bugs in it ohmy.gif as I have hastily done a few updates to try to get it looking alright on the latest build of XBMC.

Also thanks to all those that have downloaded the skin and enjoy it, the comments I have received are extremely gratifying. Especially from some of the more prominent members of this forum (not meaning to belittle others tongue.gif ).

To download:
http://rapidshare.co...60/The_Room.rar

Cheers

#11 EGazzz

EGazzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

Oh, and I forgot to mention that, stupidly, while I ws testing this skin I was running it at -8x zoom uhh.gif . So that means that now it will display a little big for the tv. This was a huge mistake on my part, but to see the skin as it is meant to be seen I recommend setting the zoom to -8x.

#12 SC10-E

SC10-E

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:PC Building, Xbox and wii, movies, music, other media
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

lol someone rated the preview image on imageshack and gave it 1/10

#13 Snout

Snout

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

superb skin mate, good work for working outside the box smile.gif

Lovin it

#14 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:04 AM

Man, this is great. Original and fun. Ive never had a "fun" skin before.

Hope it evolves, this idea is too good to let die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users