Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:27 AM

Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable in the Wild
Posted by XanTium | April 19 22:27 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Some pictures of the Xbox360 HDD Transfer Cable have been posted on the net ... this cable should come with the upcoming 120GB HDD addon (afaik it doesn't come with the Xbox360 Elite) so you can transfer data from your 'old' 20GB HDD to the new 120GB HDD.
Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable Xbox 360 HDD Transfer Cable

#2 darkmike57

darkmike57

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:51 AM

I wonder how much it will be seperately.

#3 eatshitanddie

eatshitanddie

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:02 AM

Oh pimp! Official Xplorer360 cable!! lol i like that design, is it usb? if so, i wanna see if it works for Xplorer360, if it does, then holey crap =]

#4 WildMonkeys

WildMonkeys

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:engineering stuff ftw!<br /><br />hockey<br /><br />xbox stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:03 AM

I doubt they'll sell it separately... This being MS and all they'd just include it with the 120 HDD only... it does make sense, and they could just cite the cable as justifying the extra $___ in the price

Oh and it kind of looks like a thick cable... too thick for a USB connector (just personal experience hah) maybe leading to an adapter that fits under the HDD on the 360? Maybe it acts as a SATA splitter? oh, but idk if that's even possible.

Edited by WildMonkeys, 20 April 2007 - 03:05 AM.

#5 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(eatshitanddie @ Apr 20 2007, 04:09 AM) View Post

Oh pimp! Official Xplorer360 cable!! lol i like that design, is it usb?

Sadly the guy didn't take a picture of how it connects to the 360, but yeah ... my best guess is that it connects via USB.

#6 Psygnosis

Psygnosis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:11 AM

If and when I get the 120GB HDD, I'll just redownload what I can, then copy stuff over using a memory card. Anything that I can't download or copy, I probably don't need all that badly and I can just switch drives if I want it. Content is tied to the system anyway and not the storage device, a transfer cable wouldn't do any good on getting XBLA stuff working right on an elite.

#7 quenlin

quenlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:47 AM

Just a random observation

Ever notice that whenever someone takes an exclusive picture or shoots video of an unseen hack, mod, or other 'secret' device, that person always seems to have the most primitive equipment? They shoot their demo video of a backup being booted or a new dashboard or hack and it's on a 19 inch tube TV from the late eighties and the room is a complete disaster and mess. Anyone besides me ever wonder about this? Why would someone own both an X360 and a 20.00 TV?

#8 malignantmartyr

malignantmartyr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(quenlin @ Apr 20 2007, 03:54 AM) View Post

Ever notice that whenever someone takes an exclusive picture or shoots video of an unseen hack, mod, or other 'secret' device, that person always seems to have the most primitive equipment? They shoot their demo video of a backup being booted or a new dashboard or hack and it's on a 19 inch tube TV from the late eighties and the room is a complete disaster and mess. Anyone besides me ever wonder about this? Why would someone own both an X360 and a 20.00 TV?

dont diss it....for a while i had an old tv like that...but it was with my old xbox when it first came out....it was more important than buying the tv, i could always upgrade me tv lol.

#9 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:13 AM

This device, well its kinda lame. You would only use it once, probably EVER. I think they should have a little transferring station setup at game stores. Pop the 20gig on the left, 120 on the right and press a button. Only problem is how long it would take.

Seriously, this cable, while necessary, is pointless after it has been used.

#10 CollinstheClown

CollinstheClown

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Computer repair/maintenance/upgrading, LASERs
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:21 AM

Actually that is prolly a 27-32" Flat screen CRT. If so, damn I'm good! smile.gif

My biggest problem, and yes it's an OCD type thing, is the fact that all the "newer" HDDs have that dull lame grey plastic. My HDD from my Jan. 07 premium has a nicer, darker, and shinier grey plastic.

Hmmm.. with this news of Elite products being released early I might just swing by Wal-mart later and see if someone will sell it to me!

-CollinstheClown

#11 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Apr 20 2007, 01:20 PM) View Post

This device, well its kinda lame. You would only use it once, probably EVER. I think they should have a little transferring station setup at game stores. Pop the 20gig on the left, 120 on the right and press a button. Only problem is how long it would take.

Seriously, this cable, while necessary, is pointless after it has been used.

yeah, but im sure there will be other sues for it in the future

and we should think ourselves lucky m$ made one at all

#12 Tiuk

Tiuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(quenlin @ Apr 19 2007, 10:54 PM) View Post

Hey, some people are poor students. My next purchase is going to be a nice 37" LCD TV, but I've been using a 25" CRT for quite some time. And I'm not a very tidy person, either wink.gif

In fact, I'd dare to say that most people coming out with console mods and stuff are probably college students, and for most (especially those who don't life at home) that means the cheapest TV you can get and a low cleaning priority wink.gif

#13 zest

zest

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:42 AM

Ehm... Is it just me or this thing kinda redicoluse? A thing that you can use ONCE and seems like its gonna cost plenty (even thou it MIGHT come with the package to the 120Gb its not gonna be free). I mean is this realy the best solution M$ could come up with?? WOuldnt it been easier and cheaper to let ppl transfer there data to there local PC? Oh well i guess money makeing maniac strikes again wink.gif

#14 phrozenfeonix

phrozenfeonix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:04 AM

I was expecting someone to point it out by now. Digimon.

#15 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE(zest @ Apr 20 2007, 03:49 PM) View Post

Ehm... Is it just me or this thing kinda redicoluse? A thing that you can use ONCE and seems like its gonna cost plenty (even thou it MIGHT come with the package to the 120Gb its not gonna be free). I mean is this realy the best solution M$ could come up with?? WOuldnt it been easier and cheaper to let ppl transfer there data to there local PC? Oh well i guess money makeing maniac strikes again wink.gif

the reason why they don't do that is restrictions with the content that you download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users