X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:59 AM

This tutorial will help you replace your current drive (Samsung MS25, Samsung MS28 or Hitachi) by a Samsung drive ( MS25 or MS28). You will need to use a USB memory stick (or floppy, or ntfs4dos) with the appropriate mtkflash on it. You can look at the Quick Tutorial: Iprep 101 / Xtreme Boot Maker 5.3 & 3.6 to prepare your USB key.

Note: Same recommendations as in the Textbook Tutorial, you should disconnect all other Sata and IDE device while you extract or flash. You will need a VIA Sata card/chipset if you have a samsung ms28 or one of the chipset in the compatibility list of Textbook tutorial if you have a ms25. ALso note this tutorial by Caster420 will show you advanced technique on how to transfer your key. The method presented below is simple and should cover most of your requirements.

You will need a valid firmware of the drive you are replacing. It can be any firmware that contains a valid key of that drive (orig.bin, now.bin, was.bin, ...). Plse look at How to recover your X360 drive key if you do not have it currently. The replacement cannot be done without the key of the original drive, no need to ask. Make a copy of that firmware and call it Keyfw.bin.

The E66 error is simply due to your hacked firmware currently not indicating the proper model of drive.

You will also need to know what model (ms25, ms28, v47, v59...) was the replaced drive. In the case of the replacement of a MB or an E66 error, you need to know to what model of Drive that MB was associated. This will be called Original Model .
    Making your replaced.bin (in Windows)
    Method 1 Requires Samtool 0.7 available in iXtreme 1.2 and after (a must if you require spoofing)
  1. Extract from iXtremeXX.rar (XX is the version) to a directory under the root C:\iXtreme
  2. Place a copy of the orig.bin in C:\iXtreme where orig.bin is the original fw of the drive that was first associated to that MB.
    • You replaced your drive, use your orig.bin of the first drive you had on that MB
    • You replaced your MB, use the orig.bin of the drive that was originally on that MB
    • You did not replace your drive but have a ms25, you will be required to answer yes in spoofing later
  3. In Windows Explorer you doublle click on Make iXtreme firmware.cmd and a DOS window will open telling you the key. You will also be requested if you want to spoof when the orig.bin is not associated to a ms28, answer Y and Enter
  4. Now you want to see the message saying " ***SUCCESS*** " and Drive Key copied (and Drive Version Spoofed when required)
    IPB Image
  5. Rename the resulting iX__.bin file to replaced.bin and copy it to your USB key.
    Making your replaced.bin (in Windows)
    Method 2 (should be used only if you encounter a problem with Method 1 since placeholder of the firmware are not maintained whne using FWToolbox, does not make any difference for now but who knows if it may not be detected in the future)
  1. Extract from iXtreme RAR firmware (or xtreme53: Xtreme53X.bin where X=A,B,C,D) to a directory and rename it to replaced.bin
  2. Open keyfw.bin in FW toolbox 3.1B and do ctrl-c on the key (copy to clipboard)
  3. Open replaced.bin in FW toolbox and do ctrl-v to insert the key in the field hit 'Replace Key'
  4. Only if your drive is a different Model than the Original Model: Go in Tool / Spoof Firmware / select 'Original Model'/Hit 'Apply Spoof'
    • Replacing a ms28 by a ms28, you do not need that step
    • Replacing a ms25 by a ms28, you need to spoof as Model ID ms25
    • Replacing a Hitachi v47 by a ms25, you need to spoof as Model ID v47
    • Getting a E66 error on a ms25, you need to make sure the Model ID is ms 25
  5. Close and reopen replaced.bin to make sure that it is identified with its proper Model (MS25, MS28, v47...) and that the key is present. Copy the replaced.bin to your USB key.

Flashing your replaced.bin
  6. Connect you PC sata cable to the X360 Drive (some have to do this after step 7)
  7. start your x360 and pc to the dos prompt (using the USB key)
  8. type mtkflash w /m /sata replaced.bin
  9. list of port will appear (if your mtkflash is correct)
  10. Only if you have a ms28: power down your x360
  11. select the port on your PC,
  12. Only if you have a ms28: then count to 10 (try different count) and power your x360
  13. the pc will flash the firmware to the drive (it will show the 4 banks being flashed)

To verify that it was flashed, you can use the same steps with mtkflash r /m /sata verif.bin, and compare verif.bin to replaced.bin using (Hex editor, or crc32 in a zip file or winrar...)
This method does not use Xflash or samflash, plse do not ask.

rgds, soso

Edited by sosotiit, 10 June 2007 - 03:09 AM.

#2 Bloodsent

Bloodsent

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the great writeup. Any known issues currently with spoofing a Samsung with iXtreme 1.2 to work in an original Hitachi console? Is it safe?

#3 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Bloodsent @ Jun 22 2007, 01:42 PM)  

Thanks for the great writeup. Any known issues currently with spoofing a Samsung with iXtreme 1.2 to work in an original Hitachi console? Is it safe?

So far it is, it was the backup that was monitored by MS not the firmware. Now will that change in the future ??? biggrin.gif , no one knows. But for now the spoofing seems OK.

-soso

#4 BaneNZ

BaneNZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:28 AM

Hi Soso

Thank you for this great tutorial....

May I just ask you to to tell me if this what I am doing is ok....?

I am trying to replace my old MS28 with another MS28.

This is what I did.

1. Dumped the firmware from my original drive (the one that 360 came with)
2. I created C:\iXtreme
3. E extracted all the files from iXtreme 1.2 to C:\iXtreme
4. I copied my ORIG.bin (original dumped firmware) to C:\eXtreme
5. Double click on "Make iXtreme firmware.cmd"
6. DOS window came up and showed me this.

IPB Image

Is this allright?

thanks dude

#5 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

sounds good, open both with FW toolbox 3.0 just to be sure you see the same key in the hacked fw as the one in your original drive.

good luck biggrin.gif
-soso

#6 potvin

potvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

im trying to understand this tutorial: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=599162

Do I have to spoof? I would think so... but im not understanding on how todo this
Once I put my orig.bin (ms28) in the ixtreme folder and click make iXtreme firmware it just makes the ix12.bin and doesnt ask anything about spoofing probably because:

Original Firmware Version: MS28
iXtreme Firmware Version: MS28

*** SUCCESS ***
Drive key copied.
Your iXtreme firmware is now ready to be flashed!
----------------------

Am I suppose to put the orig.bin from the new ms25 dvd drive in the ixtreme folder then click make ixtreme?

Can someone give me simple steps on how todo this.
I just want to swap my current ms28 with a new ms25 i have

Thanks

#7 TwinBlade

TwinBlade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

I know this is not totally on-topic but I thought I would ask anyway instaed of creating a new topic. I have an ms25 so when I was flashing my 360 with ixtreme 1.2b, it asked me that the drives didn't match (firmware was MS28) and asked me if I wanted to spoof so that they do. I said yes...Is that fine? Or should I have done something else?
Thanks

#8 BaneNZ

BaneNZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(potvin @ Jul 15 2007, 10:31 PM)  

im trying to understand this tutorial: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=599162

Do I have to spoof? I would think so... but im not understanding on how todo this
Once I put my orig.bin (ms28) in the ixtreme folder and click make iXtreme firmware it just makes the ix12.bin and doesnt ask anything about spoofing probably because:

Original Firmware Version: MS28
iXtreme Firmware Version: MS28

*** SUCCESS ***
Drive key copied.
Your iXtreme firmware is now ready to be flashed!
----------------------

Am I suppose to put the orig.bin from the new ms25 dvd drive in the ixtreme folder then click make ixtreme?

Can someone give me simple steps on how todo this.
I just want to swap my current ms28 with a new ms25 i have

Thanks

Hi I would like to ask the same quesion? So that we dont have to make a new thread?

Edited by BaneNZ, 15 July 2007 - 11:01 PM.

#9 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

method 2 above with Fw toolbox will do just fine.

or you could take you ms25 original fw (the one that does not have the right key)
1) open it in FW toolbox and insert your good key in it.
2) froma that point this becomes your orig.bin for all future action (it now has to good key and is a ms25 fw)
3) run method 1, and say yes to spoof

good luck, let me know
-soso

#10 potvin

potvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

so i dont have to use the key from the new ms25 dvd drive i get?
just use the key from my old original one (ms28)?

open it in fw toolbox and insert my good key in the ms25 orig.bin correct?

#11 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(potvin @ Jul 16 2007, 12:16 PM)  

so i dont have to use the key from the new ms25 dvd drive i get?
just use the key from my old original one (ms28)?

open it in fw toolbox and insert my good key in the ms25 orig.bin correct?

replacing a ms28 by a ms25 is even easier, than the opposite (what BaneNZ was asking)

1) infact just just transfer the key with FW toolbox in the hacked fw

2) or just put your orig.bin (from ms28) in the iXtreme directory and press make iXtreme firmware , it will make you a firmware spoof as ms28 with your key,
rename it as hacked.bin in the root of your USB and do mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin to flahs to your ms25.

-soso

#12 potvin

potvin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

replacing a ms28 by a ms25 is even easier, than the opposite (what BaneNZ was asking)

1) infact just just transfer the key with FW toolbox in the hacked fw

2) or just put your orig.bin (from ms28) in the iXtreme directory and press make iXtreme firmware , it will make you a firmware spoof as ms28 with your key,
rename it as hacked.bin in the root of your USB and do mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin to flahs to your ms25.

ok just so i understand this 100% .. im really scared of bricking my new ms25.. sorry just making sure

so basically i can use my hacked.bin i already made for my ms28 from what your saying:
take orig.bin from ms28 put it in ixtreme folder, click make ixtreme and it makes the ix12.bin (hacked.bin)
which i use that to flash to my new ms25?

#13 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:44 AM

yes

#14 petrm

petrm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

plz help i dont quite understand this

Extract from iXtreme RAR firmware (or xtreme53: Xtreme53X.bin where X=A,B,C,D) to a directory and rename it to replaced.bin

i want change 78 hitachi on ms25
i have 78 orig.bin

and now how i unerstand i can use fw (for ms25) from xtreme53 rar???? i can make it without read from my ms25 rom???? key that have 53b-ms25.bin is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i right???

sorry for my english

#15 chrisdot

chrisdot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

can anyone help me with this .....im tryin to upgrade my ts-h943 drive it has iextreme 1.2 but i want 1.2c on it. its a replaced drive where the orig was a hitachi that broke. its just i get the no valid key in orig.bin!!!....i know its prob sumthin stupid im not doin as drive runs fine.....please can someone help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users