X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

I ordered a PSP with a v1.50 firmware that'll be here on monday. I can't wait to start playing with it love.gif

From what research I have done I have found that the custom firmwares released by Dark_Alex are the way to go.

I want to make sure I get everything right, so I don't totally screw up my PSP or brick it or something. ph34r.gif
Just to get things straight - if I was to put 3.40oe-a on my PSP when I got it, I would-

1)Be able to play almost any homebrew 1.5 could play
2)Be able to play PSX games (taken from discs that I already own, properly converted with popstation)
3)Make all PSP games think I have a v3.40 firmware?

Am I correct?

The readme for 3.04oe-a says:
CODE
Execute the program, and it will generate the DATA.DXAR file. The checksums (althoug the flasher
  will check for them for you):

CRC32: CDA4638D
  MD5:   9754F2CC0CBE2D8FE0DD009C90FDCD9F
  SHA1:  6F76BB67B31EFF6FECB72D9D4AF443C793E1E521

- Copy 340oeflasher and 340oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you
  are in any SE/OE version. Move the DATA.DXAR to 340oeflasher directory.

You need 75% battery, although you can skip this if you pressed L+triangle while loading the program.

What program is it referring to when it says "Execute the program"? Is it one of those eboot.pbp files? If so, which one? Is it the one in the oeupdmaker directory?

It talks about moving files to the 340oeflasher directory - is there another program I need to run after that is done? And what's the "75% battery" thing about?

If anyone can help out, it will be much appreciated beerchug.gif

#2 living_in_doubt

living_in_doubt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

You run the Update Maker, but you have to make sure you have the 3.40 Update named "340.PBP" and the 1.50 Update named "150.PBP" in the oeupdmaker folder. once it's done, it will have generated a "DATA.DXAR". You need to move that file into the 340oeflasher folder and execute the 3.40 Firmware Install

Edited by living_in_doubt, 21 April 2007 - 06:46 PM.

#3 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(living_in_doubt @ Apr 21 2007, 10:50 AM) View Post
You run the Update Maker, but you have to make sure you have the 3.40 Update named "340.PBP" and the 1.50 Update named "150.PBP" in the oeupdmaker folder. once it's done, it will have generated a "DATA.DXAR". You need to move that file into the 340oeflasher folder and execute the 3.40 Firmware Install

This may be explained when I actually get my hands on the PSP, but -

"You run the Update Maker"

I'm assuming that's the EBOOT.PBP file in the "oeupdmaker" directory? What about the oeupdmaker% directory, what is that?

"and execute the 3.40 Firmware Install"

When you have all the files in the correct places and have done all necessary steps before this, does an icon for the 3.40 firmware install show up in the PSP's main menu?

-and one last question:
I have both original Sony firmwares, but the v1.50 one is called EBOOT_1.50.zip, whereas the 3.40 is named PSP_340_UPDATE.rar. Am I right in thinking that the 1.50 file is the official Sony update just like the 3.40 one, even though the naming of the files varies?

Thanks.

#4 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

they should be correct, I suggest running the oeupdatemaker then checking the data.dxar files MD5 code to be sure it matches the one in your readme, and if it matches then flash it, i always check on my own, i know the updatemaker checks it to but it exit really quickly once it's done an i always seem to miss the checking results, so i just check it with my PC

#5 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:42 AM

Thanks. I'll report back next week with the results of the flash; hopefully everything goes well.

(do you run the *patched* firmware update from the cross media bar?)

#6 bigg92

bigg92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Apr 21 2007, 10:19 PM) View Post

Thanks. I'll report back next week with the results of the flash; hopefully everything goes well.

(do you run the *patched* firmware update from the cross media bar?)

The firmware will be on to the flash. So itll come up just like you regular firmwares do, you dont need to load anything to use your new firmware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users