10 replies to this topic

#1 trinky2000

trinky2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

Hi,
I'm new, I can't use kai on my xbox... have few problems..
My configuration is this:
XBOX connectet with cable on an access point wifi;
PC connected with cable to a router wifi witch is connected to internet...
The Xbox connect to internet from the access point to the router via wifi..
IPB Image
everything works fine, browsing pc from xbox, ftp from pc to xbox, internet connection.. but I'm not able to use kai xlink!!

I setted the wireless section, "Real" mac adderess my xbox mac address, Virtual mac address my wifi access point mac add.
If I go to diagnostic I have "No console have been detected yet!"
On network reachable I have YES!!!
Please help!!!

#2 MeanMF

MeanMF

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

Yeah that won't work.. You can see a list of supported network configurations here: http://www.teamxlink.../?go=quickstart

#3 trinky2000

trinky2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(MeanMF @ Apr 21 2007, 05:12 PM) View Post

Yeah that won't work.. You can see a list of supported network configurations here: http://www.teamxlink.../?go=quickstart

* Wireless connections from the PC running XLink Kai are not supported unless the wireless card can support promiscuous mode. However, we recommend that the PC running XLink Kai remains wired (to the router or access point) with a CAT-5 Ethernet cable.Your console can be wirelessly connected, through the use of a Wireless Gaming Adapter or Wireless Ethernet Bridge. Consult your documentation or manufacturer's website for assistance in wireless networking*.
Thats from faqs...

#4 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:25 PM

You can run that setup if you if what you have listed as an ap is an ethernet bridge, and you can run KaiD on your router (Open WRT). You can then run the GUI on your pc. The setup works fine, and I've used it myself.

#5 trinky2000

trinky2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(DOS4GW @ Apr 24 2007, 08:01 PM) View Post

You can run that setup if you if what you have listed as an ap is an ethernet bridge, and you can run KaiD on your router (Open WRT). You can then run the GUI on your pc. The setup works fine, and I've used it myself.

How can I do that on my fonera???

#6 vergro

vergro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

I am looking to have the same setup:
IPB Image

but all i want to be able to do is to ftp from my pc to my xbox to put movies on there. you said that you were able to do this fine, what is your setup?
basically my problem is that i connect to my xbox from my pc through the router/ap and it immediately kicks me off, like there is some sort of conflict...
HELP!!!

#7 RMM

RMM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

vergro, do you have a La Fonera as your AP? If you do you should try to install DD-WRT on it and that will give you more options such as bridge mode and the Kai engine and you should be able to connect no problem or play Xlink Kai. Even if you dont have the La Fonera there are several other routers that DD-WRT will work on if you are interested: Compatible Devices

#8 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

as a test can you run a cable from the xbox to the router and see if it works ? .. at least narrow the problem down .. a wireless access point should work ..

#9 Trigger911

Trigger911

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

I have a la fonera my myself just a note the fonera don't have xlink support built into the firmware yet

#10 RMM

RMM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(Trigger911 @ Mar 9 2008, 11:44 PM) View Post

I have a la fonera my myself just a note the fonera don't have xlink support built into the firmware yet

From what I understand its there but many people are finding it difficult to get to work. Maybe its just too buggy at the moment?

#11 jjb5484

jjb5484

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

I know this hasn't been touched on in a while, but I'll give some advice. I tried to get my Kai to work for several months having my PC and xbox both running on wireless internet. Finally I said F it and bought a crossover cable off ebay for $6 or something like that. My computer is still running on wireless internet but I then ran the crossover cable from my PC to my xbox. Then shared the wireless internet connection and bam it works like a champ. And I have no idea what promiscious mode means but my PC is from like 2002 so I would think other computers would work fine with this setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users