X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(djdafreund @ Nov 13 2007, 03:42 AM) View Post

...One more thing, is it possible to make the icons bigger when using any form of "Change/Update Thumbnail for Movie/Season/Show" (dialog windows), i thought it would make it easier to see which thumbnail you want to use. I noticed PM3 skin did this already as well. Thanks in advance if you decide to do this also....

I've done that - made the icons twice as big.

#212 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:21 AM

Hey thanks Sharpe for doing that. I was noticing the new busy icon that replaced the film reel icon. I guess i didn't do anything to have noticed it change until today, which is why i didn't mention it earlier. The film reel seems to fit much more appropriately to the theme, and wondered what exactly the new icon is supposed to be, or is it just made up? Thats not supposed to be a cut down or anything, just confusion as to the change, and what it is.
I also have a couple new ideas me and my room mates are fine tuning. Might try to make a few mockups to proper show how that would actually look. I personally think this skin is SVN worthy at this level, it already surpases some other skins in functionality and demand then ones already in svn. No effence to ANY of the skins currently in, thats simply complimenting Front-Row if anything. And the fact that NO other skin can compare with the being open-minded about almost all idea's given to date. You are a very fair person, and some of us here that have given a lot of idea's are very respecfully appreciative at the fact of how great you've been with adding about all of them given. Thanks big time. Keep up the great work!!!!

#213 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

Ah the busy icon is just something different - give it a while see how it gels...I might change it again - I'm still trying it out.

/looking forward to seeing what your ideas are.

#214 uli666

uli666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hi all!
My 2 cents about the new stuff...

- Busy icon
I kind of like it... bright colors are nice. Maybe imho it's a bit too big. Can you try to make it smaller?
Anyway even the old one was nice, with a brighter red moving part maybe.

- Video OSD
The new "info" osd at the bottom looks way nicer with that film reel shape. I just don't like the color very much. Can you make it darker? Black or dark gray maybe? Or with a black to gray gradient to give it a more "glossy" look?

- Bigger movie info icons
Nothing special to say, of course they look better and easier on the eyes now.

Thank for your work Sharpe!

Uli666

#215 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(uli666 @ Nov 14 2007, 09:27 PM) View Post

Hi all!
My 2 cents about the new stuff...

- Busy icon
I kind of like it... bright colors are nice. Maybe imho it's a bit too big. Can you try to make it smaller?
Anyway even the old one was nice, with a brighter red moving part maybe.

- Video OSD
The new "info" osd at the bottom looks way nicer with that film reel shape. I just don't like the color very much. Can you make it darker? Black or dark gray maybe? Or with a black to gray gradient to give it a more "glossy" look?

- Bigger movie info icons
Nothing special to say, of course they look better and easier on the eyes now.

Thank for your work Sharpe!

Uli666

No worries - thanks for all the suggestions.

I've shrank the busy icon a little.
Thought the info osd might look a tad "pink" with the red theme - I've made it a standard black film strip now.

#216 uli666

uli666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Thank you Sharpe! smile.gif

Now the info film strip looks way better in black! cool.gif
I just noticed that on my 4:3 TV the time goes a little outside the screen on the right. Can you place it a little more on the left, and maybe at the bottom of the film strip?
One last think for the videoOSD, can you change the color (for the red theme) of the "title" and "select" OSD too? That brown is not very nice. You can just put the same as in the default theme, or try a red-to-black gradient.

The busy icon looks better, still a little too big imho.

Did you think about a toggle for having scripts and file manager in the home screen?

Uli666

#217 maximusoctavious

maximusoctavious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:03 PM

Quote:The busy icon looks better, still a little too big imho.

I don't think so! It looks fine the way it is. What do you want invisability?
Also, bro I don't see any option anywhere that lets u select 512x512 icon size like u said?

#218 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ Nov 15 2007, 08:39 PM) View Post

Quote:...Also, bro I don't see any option anywhere that lets u select 512x512 icon size like u said?

No what I said was you need to create a file called AdvancedSettings.xml and in that file put in the following code:

CODE
<advancedsettings>
<thumbsize>512</thumbsize>
</advancedsettings>

Then put that file in the userdata folder of XBMC.

uli666 -

I've, just now, addressed what you've said with the red theme and the osd info overlay. As for putting more in the homescreen, I might get round to that this weekend when I've a bit more time - bit busy at work this week.

Edited by Sharpe, 15 November 2007 - 08:59 PM.

#219 uli666

uli666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(Sharpe @ Nov 15 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post

I've, just now, addressed what you've said with the red theme and the osd info overlay. As for putting more in the homescreen, I might get round to that this weekend when I've a bit more time - bit busy at work this week.

Thank you so much dude! smile.gif
Now the "info" osd looks perfect!
I don't want to sound too picky... but the little gradient grey-to-black was nicer on the osd that appears on top of the screen. Anyway it's nice also as it is right now, don't worry.

I like the new "reel shaped" busy icon better. Cool!

Take your time for the next changes my friend. Your skin is already awesome even right now!

Uli666

#220 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:56 AM

Hey maximusoctavious, just a heads up on the 512 setting, i would rather recommend using 384, looks barely any different, but that way you won't get a lot of blank/missing icons due to xbmc running out of memory. I used that one first and noticed a lot of missing icons, and noticed after looking at my LCD screen, it was showing "Freemem: 0MB), so i switched it to 384, and redid my thumbs, and can't really see any worthy difference (IE- On a 48inch LCD Sony widescreen, 720p) They look very close to the same at least, but i never see it drop below 12-14MB Freemem now, no missing icons anymore. Hope that helps.

Still going to make some mockups of the ideas, been busy between 3 different projects. I'm dead serious about thinking Front-Door is worthy enough to put in SVN. smile.gif

#221 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

Update time...

Just changed things so that you can now add Scripts, File Manager and Weather controls to the home menus.

Cheers

#222 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

Oh man, that's what i was looking for!!!! Excellent idea. Thanks a bunch for adding that. Do you think you might consider adding 2 icons on each side of the selected ones (IE- 5 total instead of 3), which would make it easier to navigate to the one you want by seeing a little more of the selectable ones? Now that we have a lot more icons to choose from. I will personally be using advantage of the scripts, weather, and Explorer now for sure. (I love the Nav-x, and now being able to add AMT to home as well. VERY NICE!!!)
I'll draw up a mockup in a little bit to illustrate.

#223 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(djdafreund @ Nov 17 2007, 10:42 PM) View Post

...and now being able to add AMT to home as well...

Ah I've not quite gone that far - it's not set up to add individual scripts to the home menu just the main script control itself.

#224 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

Ah, just noticed after messing with it. Thats cool, take your time.

#225 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:59 PM

Here's the quick mockup to better show it's effect. The center can still be tweaked if needed. I just threw the "Now Playing" for added highlighting effect. I tried darkening the background, but it didn't quite look right. Also, i thought, if possible, to have the other icons slightly smaller, and the center bigger, but i didn't know if it was easily possible with xbmc to do or not. Or maybe even use the current "Now Available" overlay for the center selection.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users