Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

Hi Hitcher - yeah you're probably right I've not really checked how the 4:3 display settings look on anything other than a regular tv. I've concentrated more on the 16:9 side of things. I'll look into it though - cheers.

#407 Hitcher

Hitcher

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

Ah of course, even though it's a widescreen TV it has a 4:3 resolution with non-square pixels rolleyes.gif

#408 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:44 PM

Yep I'd guess that's it - Did changing resolutions fix it?

Just done a quick update:

Firstly I've added the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml (supported in the latest build of XBMC). You can now get the plot to display from the title info OSD by pressing left or right. - Nice addition to XBMC that.

And finally I've altered the alt home screen settings to display 5 items instead of 3 - (I'm fairly sure djdafreund suggested this ages ago and I've only just realised it looks better!) smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers

#409 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:11 AM

Dude!!!!! Nice job. Definitely looks better with 5 smile.gif (maybe just a little less transparent on the other 4 though. Like maybe 15% brighter, easier on the eyes at a glance.) Thanks for added Full screen info too. Indeed a very nice new feature added.

Haven't heard from ya lately at all. Hope your doing good. I still want to get around to add the realtime ending time in the info. "Approx. End Time:"(endtimetag) so it shows. It was added to another skin a while back, and thought it would be nice to add it to Back-Row.

I also like the big thumnail pops up in Fanart, but could we make it like 1/2 sec or 1 second, seems a little too long to wait for it to display, or another idea if possible, to make the selected one slightly bigger?

Also, could we modify 'PlotList' view to show 5 (like home menu) instead of 3, and also make the title about 2-4 font sizes bigger (right above the info stuff.) so it's a little more defined and also easier to read

Plotlist view have the curtain on a toggle, so we can choose to display the curtain instead of just black like current? (Same with 'List 3' and 'Big Icons' if possible, or have a toggle that just works for all views if easier, since i don't use any black backgrounds anyway.) Just a request though. smile.gif

Send me an e-mail when you get a minute, even just to let me know whats been going on lately with ya. Hope things are good buddy. smile.gif

Edited by djdafreund, 18 June 2008 - 06:27 AM.

#410 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

Hiya bud

Check your email smile.gif

Okay - I've implemented most of those suggestions. We'll need to swap some ideas on the others first.

#411 Hitcher

Hitcher

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Sharpe @ Jun 17 2008, 08:20 PM) View Post

Yep I'd guess that's it - Did changing resolutions fix it?

I can't change the resolution as the plasma is 1024x768 and I'm connecting via VGA cable.
All the other icons appear correct except CD and DVD covers.

#412 Purplene

Purplene

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hi Sharpe,

First of all I really love Back-Row, it has been my default skin for ages. I like the new large thumbnail pop up but I have been encountering something strange which didn't happen before.

When a show ends or I exit from a show and return to the episodes view the focus reverts back to the first episode in the season instead of on the one that just finished like it did before. Is this something that has been changed or is it a problem from my end? It was convenient to just press across to play the next episode.

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

#413 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(Purplene @ Jun 19 2008, 09:01 PM) View Post

Hi Sharpe,

First of all I really love Back-Row, it has been my default skin for ages. I like the new large thumbnail pop up but I have been encountering something strange which didn't happen before.

When a show ends or I exit from a show and return to the episodes view the focus reverts back to the first episode in the season instead of on the one that just finished like it did before. Is this something that has been changed or is it a problem from my end? It was convenient to just press across to play the next episode.

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

Hiya mate - yeah thanks for that I'd mucked something up in the fanart view - It's fixed now.

I've also added djdafreund's Approx. End Time tag to the DialogFullScreenInfo.xml.

Cheers

#414 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Hitcher @ Jun 18 2008, 10:59 PM) View Post

I can't change the resolution as the plasma is 1024x768 and I'm connecting via VGA cable.
All the other icons appear correct except CD and DVD covers.

So it's a widescreen but it looks like it's using a 4:3 resolution so it's stretching the images out - is that right?

You could try copying the contents of the 16:9 folder into the 4:3 folder see what that does?

Could you post a screenshot?

Edited by Sharpe, 19 June 2008 - 11:21 PM.

#415 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

Aaaahhhhhh. Thanks for adding that tag to the info, it's a nice feature i use somewhat often. Couldn't remember which file i needed to look at to add, so thanks for doing that instead. THANKS!! smile.gif

#416 Hitcher

Hitcher

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Sharpe @ Jun 19 2008, 10:54 PM) View Post

So it's a widescreen but it looks like it's using a 4:3 resolution so it's stretching the images out - is that right?

Exactly right.
QUOTE(Sharpe @ Jun 19 2008, 10:54 PM) View Post
You could try copying the contents of the 16:9 folder into the 4:3 folder see what that does?

That did the trick, thanks. biggrin.gif

Is there a way for all of us with this problem to set the screen resolution and the aspect ratio?

#417 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

oh great glad it worked smile.gif

I'm a bit behind the times (still using an xbox here) so I can't really help with a more logical solution - maybe ask on xbmc.org?

#418 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

Oh just noticed TV Fanart is now working at the TVshow level in the latest SVN for the xbox - so this video library view will now work.

IPB Image

Local Movie Fanart deosn't seem to be working (for the xbox - yet) but it should look like this when it gets put in. - This is from the linux version.

IPB Image

Cheers

#419 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:26 AM

Hi again - okay, I've been doing a few updates over the last week or so (available in the SVN and the alt download linky). Mainly customisable stuff - the idea being you can get away from the cinema theme if you want to easier. Added choose your own menu backgrounds / disabling the curtain backgrounds and a few other cosmetic bits and pieces. It's all configurable in skin settings.

Anyhow thanks for reading - cheers smile.gif

eg.

IPB Image

#420 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:13 AM

Yup, i check daily myself. Sorry i haven't been able to do much lately. Been doing a lot of work on my other project with FoF. I've going to work on some of the stuff we talked about recently. If you could, would you code it so it uses a curtain image (or just some blank image) for the list view we talked about and just name it something like listview.png or whatever, just so i can have in be in use to start designing it, and the alignment and all. I got some good idea's to start with.
I will also start making the marquee 'Now Showing' frame as well. Keep up the great work buddy. Hit me up if you need to still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users